please recommend good long term fundamental-based investing books...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mizhael, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Hi all,

Please recommend good books on long term fundamental-based investing... I would like to be able to sift out some good companies whose value had been severely distorted by the current crisis and then I invest in them and I am looking for long term gain instead of short term. It's for investment not for speculation. It's the stock-picking approach I guess. Could anybody give me some pointers and recommendations?

Thanks!

2. I was going to say Cramer but lets keep it serious.
    I think Buffet is a first read even though I never did.

3. Benjamin Graham's The Intelligent Investor published in 1949.

- Spydertrader

4. Yes, please don't mention Crammer...

And please be serious... :=)

5. Did you give up on trading? Not sure but I think you where once in the opening thread. From scalping to investing.

6. No I didn't. I just wanted to broaden my horizon and diversity into long term investing...

7. That's old, isn't it? Does that really work? Anybody comments on it?

8. When I go to Borders I move "Intelligent Investor" next to "Graham and Dodd Security Analysis" It's older and old books should be together on the shelf.

9. Nexen

Nexen

A great long term investor once shared the following with me, it has been helpful, hope it serves you well.

Sell during Bull Markets

Buy during Bear Markets

Make sure the equity has been beaten down due to the overall state of the market and not because of decisive fundamentals.

For instance....

MSFT ok
    C not ok

Implement some intelligent money management, and the sky is the limit.

10. How to decide which ones are okay, which ones are not? Why MSFT not C?

What's an intelligent money management?

#10     Jun 28, 2009