please recommend good books for futures trading and day trading?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mizhael, Feb 6, 2009.

1. that whole book is on the net....

#21     Feb 7, 2009
  2. You meant that is the title of a book?

I didn't know that...

#22     Feb 7, 2009
  3. I find it incredible that you keep using the letter Z in almost every new alias you use and nobody catches it or makes a note of it....

Unbelievable :D

#23     Feb 7, 2009
  4. Now that you mention it, I notice it too...:eek:

#24     Feb 7, 2009
  5. limit

limit

Sound advice, I might add that early on "you don't know what you know". I read things 10-15 years ago that had no meaning then but are crystal clear today. There is no substitute for 1000's of hours of screen time. Good luck.

#25     Feb 7, 2009
  6. You are going to have to plop yourself in front of the screen for ~1-2 years. Within that time, you need to watch the markets very carefully and thoroughly, how they operate and concoct an approach based on your findings. You are going to have to do a lot of trial and error and have the ability to not only learn from your errors but use that knowledge to refine your technique.

If futures daytrading is what you are after, you are in for an all consuming journey. This better be your true passion otherwise you're destined to fail. If it IS your passion and you give it enough time like I've outlined above, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to make large sums of money daily.

#26     Feb 7, 2009
  7. Thanks a lot for the advice!

1. What shall I watch about the markets? I do stare at screen everyday and follow the market 7x52. But what do I look for?

2. How do I learn from my errors to refine my technique? What type of techniques?

Thanks a lot!

#27     Feb 7, 2009
  8. What's that book? I searched on Amazon it's about women's health?

#28     Feb 7, 2009
  9. Well, movement of price is what allows one to profit so I would start by learning an instrument (eg CL, YM, ES) and watch price very carefully. Learn the intricacies of its movement. When you got a large move in one direction, what preceeded it? What patterns can you associate with what outcomes? This builds intuition and also builds confidence.

You are most certainly going to make mistakes, mireads, miscalculations. This is normal and all part of the learning process. Over time, you can start to filter situations out that don't provide you with much opportunity and focus in on the few times a day the market really speaks to you. This is a long and ongoing process which is why I mention being dedicated 100% and passionate about the journey.

#29     Feb 7, 2009
  10. limit

limit

It's not a book. That should read "you don't know what you don't know" , it's just a saying that fits the situation most find themselves in when beginning to trade futures. Sorry for the confusion.

#30     Feb 7, 2009