please recommend good books for futures trading and day trading?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mizhael, Feb 6, 2009.

1. But is there a way out?

#11     Feb 6, 2009
  2. timbo

timbo

Futures are simple derivatives. At some point you have to predict the future or capture mispricing. Whether through a crystal ball or -meth: your choice.

#12     Feb 6, 2009
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

pros don't predict, pros manipulate the markets with money and buying power to their advantage. you know what i mean bro.

#13     Feb 6, 2009
  4. timbo

timbo

Yeah. The pros have done an excellent job ytd.

#14     Feb 6, 2009
  5. Agree, I don't think good mentors exist or at least are very, very rare. I guess the expression there is no such thing as a free lunch comes to mind. I point any person that has questions to this website. I think it is really helpful for any new trader www.youtube.com/user/InformedTrades There is a lot there specific to futures. As far a books, I know the book that made me want to become a trader was "the Market Wizards" & I think "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" is a good read for market psychology not so much for pure trading.

#15     Feb 6, 2009
  6. one book and one book only..."Mastering the Trade" by John Carter...literally everything is in there...read it...

#16     Feb 6, 2009
  7. Even day-trading ?

#17     Feb 6, 2009
  8. From what I remember, it's a fair primer on market fundamentals for futures, but the trade set ups will cost you money. Skip all the sections about his magic and costly indicators. Bottom line everything in his book that is good is found for free on the net.

#18     Feb 7, 2009
  9. BUY AT SUPPORT.

SELL AT RESISTANCE.

#19     Feb 7, 2009
  10. That simple?
    hmm, I even don't know how to define these supports and resistance...

#20     Feb 7, 2009