Please rate this porfolio

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Sikhinvestor, Nov 19, 2007.

1. oh...another thing pai. If you're just looking for diversification. You should really just look for an index fund. Low expenses and to be honest, you'll get very similar results. If you want a sit back and "less" worry approach, that is the best alternative.

#11     Nov 20, 2007
  2. pai

pai

i do want to beat the market
    but so far
    my stocks are the ones taht are killing the profits
    stilll much to learn
    i just started this in august and i am just 20 rite now, and always been buying mutual funds to save money
    so i need some more confidence booster before i begin dumping more money into individual stocks

with so much negative news, now i am doubting whether i should dump my lulu and sbux,,,,
    opinions?

#12     Nov 21, 2007
  3. hey pai, im 21 so i know where you're coming from.
    Depending on how long term you are, mutual funds have 90 mandatory holds + mers so thats something to consider
    i try to do 4-6 month swing trades on my mutual funds that mirror the tsx and bric (im cash in my mutual funds right now til the market finds direction) I also hold a bunch of different etfs that I can trade on a regular basis. Your consumer staple stocks will hold up the best probably in a volitile market. Big tech names like apple and rimm are always good bets if you're a buy n hold guy.
    hope this helps

#13     Nov 22, 2007