Please post good technical setups here

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Sep 21, 2009.

1. This is probably the best thread I have ever seen on this forum.

Thanks for starting it, and when people complain and call names please don't pay attention to them just click on their name then click "Add loudmouthtroublemaker to your ignore list"

I am mostly a day trader but would like to start holding trades longer. How many days do you stay in your trades?
    or do you just set a stop and a target then wait for one to hit?

#31     Oct 18, 2009
  2. Here is my first chart....

This looks like a double top to me in AGU.

[​IMG]

#32     Oct 18, 2009
  3. NQ Reversal Bar with Vol. surge.

#33     Oct 18, 2009
  4. nice breakout on AGU..

See BBY .. might be a good short.

#34     Oct 19, 2009
  5. Nexen

Nexen

I hate to spoil the fun but technical setups don't work.

Name one setup that shows no ambiguity and has positive expectancy, I dare you.

#35     Oct 19, 2009
  6. No one is going to tell you how to trade. However, I was trading with some traders today, some made more than me, but all of us made money.

We used TA, not standard TA, had about 5 trades, no losing trades, one trader made over $ 1,200 for the day real money. All setups had no ambiguity and of course positive expectancy since we made money. I listed one trade here previously, if you bought that stock at any price on that date or at open the next trading day ie when stocks are open for trading, you would be up right now in profit. That trade had a 99% chance of making money for anyone who had the balls to go long.

The problem is not TA, its having balls to trade correctly.

#36     Oct 19, 2009
  7. craneman

craneman

I think what you really should be saying is "technical setups don't work for me"

And since you cant make T/A a useful tool, then obviously no one else possibly could...

#37     Oct 19, 2009
  8. qqqq

• qqqq.jpg
      File size:
      77.6 KB
      Views:
    #38     Oct 19, 2009

9. TZ, was it your coming that was foretold or are we to expect another?

If you're joking like the op obviously was, then disregard. My apologies in advance.

But if serious, try to show some compassion like your predecessor did, your hanging out with us losers instead of sinners notwithstanding.

OP seems to have blown Dodge. Shame. Thread idea is excellent.

If wifey has caused you to lose so much goodwill from prior excellent posts so fast, and resort to outclassing IRS snitches, hope you learn from this video .... :)

regards to you, TZ. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2729057242580504408#docid=-6454765442203076432

#39     Oct 22, 2009
  10. Quote from deadbroke:
    TZ, was it your coming that was foretold or are we to expect another?

If you're joking like the op obviously was, then disregard. My apologies in advance.

If you think the OP was joking, then you need to bone up on your reading comprehension. It was thoroughly obvious
    the OP was threatening lawsuits and actions against anyone who dared "infringe on his business and livelihood".
    I told him he was not allowed to consider this as a business, unless he is a sponsor. And this is a public forum
    and he is neither the censor nor moderator of ET.

Sorry if you mistake --

challenging someone who issues several unprovoked blanket threats against everyone else

-- for acting like the Messiah. Seems like the Messiah did not think highly of those who threatened or abused others,
    especially without cause.

#40     Oct 22, 2009