Please, NO MORE FAVRE.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Clubber Lang, Oct 5, 2009.

1. tango29

tango29

Guys, I'm not disagreeing with that it was a team loss, but do any of you live in Wisconsin and watched for years when he did the same thing? I know Madden and the other goofs would have you believe he was always perfect, but the reality is he dug himself a lot of the holes he had to dig out of, and he quite often ended a game doing what he did this time. He was scrambling just fine on that sore ankle, and no doubt had a the chance to run it and get it back in field goal range, but he's the "gunslinger" and had to go for it. The other Packer, Ryan Longwell would have hit the field goal. Longwell was a big loss to the Pack. Thats a loss they haven't replaced.
    Again, not arguing that the rest of the Viqueens(offense) screwed up bad, but Favre's the genius vet who should have known what was needed and not chanced unless there wasn't 20 yards of open field in front to run.
    I keep my memories of the great games here. He actually made it look like you could still have fun playing at the pro level.
    Anyway enjoy the coming b.s. festival of retirement, and hourly reports whether he mowed his grass and if it means he is retired. LOL

#51     Jan 25, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

No doubt, I can not even believe the hatred/ignorance that goes on with people wanting to saddle this thing on Favre, that play as well as the Percy Harvin fumble easily combined for a 10 (GUARANTEED) point swing if not a 14, with the way the vikes were driving the ball i would have to say 14.

#52     Jan 26, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

I agree to some extent, though if Favre had ran there at best he would have managed 5-6 yards for himself which still leaves longwell needing a career long field goal to win, I can not see it happening, Favre knew he needed 10 or more and played like he needed 10 or more, I think it was the right decision, it is just a bad outcome.

I dont disagree he should have atleast left Longwell a shot, but i believe he knew the amount of yards needed (atleast 10) and went for it as if it was fourth down, how could you fault him for that?

#53     Jan 26, 2010
  4. tango29

tango29

I don't fault him, like I said the whole offense didn't play well, and Favre was a part of it. 2 interceptions and his lowest QB rating of the year. I think, an abysmal 70. As a Packer fan though, I enjoy seeing the Viqueens lose, and when it's with the guy who was the franchise for close to 2 decades it is kind of even more fun. It's almost like he was still a Packer and threw that after teasing the Queen fans all season. :D LOL

#54     Jan 26, 2010
  5. Viking line never could protect the pass. New Orleans was playing dirty football by trying to injure Favre, that was obvious. The punishment he took would have put a weaker quarterback out of the game.

#55     Jan 26, 2010
  6. tango29

tango29

I saw no dirty football. I saw one flagged roughing which wasn't, and one they didn't call which was. That's football, and the QB gets way to much protection these days. The helmet to helmet and actual late hits should be called, but all the other protection crap is over board.

#56     Jan 26, 2010
  7. I think it was more a function of the crowd noise and players unable to hear the whistle than dirty plays. Regardless, Favre took some serious hits.

#57     Jan 26, 2010
  8. tango29

tango29

I'll add as disappointed as I was in the way both sides acted and the end result of the guy becoming a Vike, a part of me wants to see him come back and keep that most starts record going. I know he blows off the camps, but I think he still works to stay in shape and keeps going despite getting the crap beaten out of him many years with a pourous Packer's line.
    On the other hand, I will pass on to all Minnesotans, turn off the sports when it comes on the news, don't read the sports section, and don't watch NFL network, or ESPN, or you'll start to get real sick of the guy real fast with the media b.s. over will he or won't he retire. And wait until they get all the teammates offering their expert opinions, and his brother Scott starts spewing for the media. Wow, that I won't miss.

#58     Jan 26, 2010

9. Saints were intentionally double-teaming and hitting Favre full-force "after" he passed. Have any of you guys ever played a down of high school or college football? Whether you think he is a hot-dog or not it was clearly intentional. You never know what goes on behind the scenes in pro football, vikings line wasn't even trying in the second half.

#59     Jan 26, 2010
  10. "Manning makes throw after throw that leaves me speechless. (The completion to Austin Collie for 46 yards down the seam is in my top five throws of all time). He makes the right call or the right check, he is at home in the offense partly because it's the only one he has known as a pro and he has been instrumental in creating it.

His dominance of his sport is Michael Jordanesque because, like Jordan once did in the NBA, Manning controls the entire game. Manning might not play defense, but his ability forces opposing offenses to alter their thinking -- to adjust to the "Manning" factor. With Manning as the opponent, teams are living and dying on every play, hoping to tip one pass, hoping for one critical drop that can get the defense off the field. But it is all just hope, as there is never a plan to really stop Manning, at least not one I've seen.'
    http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story?id=09000d5d815f7469&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Great article about the "Manning Factor" :cool:

#60     Jan 26, 2010