Please, NO MORE FAVRE.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Clubber Lang, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Written 10-19-09 12:47 PM

"Brett's final throw will be an interception in a tight game that kills the Vikings season. "

Hello everyone, meet Nostrajekyllus.

#41     Jan 24, 2010
  2. Nice call. Brett should not have been in the game after he got hurt. The pain obviously impacted his judgement. 18 seconds left, you're in field goal range and you've got 12 guys in the huddle? Dumb! Then, he rolls out, has an easy 15 yards of wide open field in front of him and he throws to his blind side. Rookie mistake! Go home Brett, it's over.

#42     Jan 25, 2010
  3. Arnie

Arnie

The sad thing is, the Viks could have beaten the Colts. Saints don't have a prayer. :D

#43     Jan 25, 2010
  4. tango29

tango29

It wasn't the pain. He has a few of these, "I'm going to be the hero" screwups to his record. Giants 2 years ago being the last one. He goes all season, finally, without the hero mentality and then in the next biggest game, after playing pretty well, he goes and falls back on his mistake prone ways. As much as I have enjoyed the guy, and all the records, he has some big mistakes on his blotter also. Not to mention quite a few of his amazing comebacks over the years were as a result of his interceptions earlier in the game.
    At the same time, 6 fumbles, 3 lost, and 2 picks, a butt load of mistakes all around for a NFC Chmapionship game.

#44     Jan 25, 2010
  5. I don't think anyone, Favre fans included, thinks that last pass wasn't boneheaded. However, I'm pretty sure Favre didn't fumble after the catch at Saints 20 (Berrian) nor did he fumble deep in Vikings territory late in the game (Harvin). Nor did he fumble three times (Peterson). The only fumble charged to Favre was one that was Peterson fault. You gotta open your arms to receive the hand off, son.

The game didn't come down to the Favre interception like so many of you hope, the score may have been tied but the Vikings blew it on many other occasions before that last drive.

#45     Jan 25, 2010
  6. You are correct, the Vikings lost as a team. The score should not have been tied at the end, but it was, and Favre had a chance to deliver a win. I'm just saying he was hurt bad and it had to have some impact on his judgement. I'll bet that had he not been on that bad ankle, he would have ran for it on the last play, giving them an outstanding chance at a field goal to wrap it up.

#46     Jan 25, 2010
  7. THE COLTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!! :D :D :D :D

#47     Jan 25, 2010
  8. No doubt about it. I can't recall seeing Favre take such a beating as he did yesterday. And he did make a costly mistake at the end. No denying that.

But I just know that all the Favre haters want to put the loss squarely on him. But the Vikes should have never been in that position in the first place. It was bad team offense all around and some of the most untimely fumbles I've ever seen in such a big game. And the O-line appeared to forget how to pass block on many occasions leaving Favre exposed to some serious licks.

In the end, Favre and the Vikes had a great year, its disappointing for it to end this way but this happens in sports. And, as a 40 yr old, you have to tip your cap to a guy who may have had his best season despite his age. To be one of the 4 best teams in all the NFL is hardly a failure.

#48     Jan 25, 2010
  9. Hello

Hello

Lets be realistic about the Favre INT, from where they were at they were going to be forced to attempt a 59 yrd field goal, Minnesota's kicker is a veteran but his long is only 52, that means they had to make ATLEAST 7 yards and that is only for an ATTEMPT. Anyone who shifts the blame in this game on Favre doesnt know football, he was trying for his 7 yards, JUST SO THE KICKER WOULD HAVE A CHANCE. Yeah he made the wrong decision to pass instead of run but there was still no way the vikings were gonna make a 59 yarder, or even a 52 yarder which would be longwell's career long field goal to get to the superbowl. Favre made the right choice going for more yardage, if ya wanna blame someone blame the idiot who went 12th man in the huddle, if not for that they could have shipped the ball out to Chester Taylor and maybe picked up 3-4 more. And if that doesnt give you someone to blame, then blame Adrian Peterson, or percy harvin. AP should have been charged with 4 fumbles in that game as the first one wasnt favre's fault.

#49     Jan 25, 2010
  10. What about Bernard Berrian, he fumbled on the Saints 10 yd line after picking up a first down. That was huge, Favre and the Vikes were moving down the field on that drive with ease and the Saints were on their heels.

That was a demoralizing drive for them.

#50     Jan 25, 2010