please list some quality firms in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by madknock, Nov 20, 2009.

1. madknock

madknock

i'm not trying to get off topic here, but still, if you want to bash me for whatever reason please try to include the firm you are with and your experiences with them or any firm that you mightve been with.

#21     Nov 20, 2009
  2. Here's a couple of different style firms that carry good reputations:

Echo - licensed (series 7 firm) that was an off-shoot of Bright in that it was started by some former bright guys. 10k to start and clear thru Merrill

Avatar - CBSX firm must be registered (no series 7 yet), trades on Lightspeed, 1 yr lockup of initial deposit with monthly automatic profit payouts (can request funds throughout the month too) and based on track record with them will offer traders op to trade their funds

T3 - RIA registered firm which is also an educational firm - does not take deposits, uses Lightspeed, reputable traders one of which appears regularly on cable news programs and occassionally posts here

#22     Nov 20, 2009

3. What do you know about T3...do u trade with them? I heard it was illegal for a prop firm to take a capital contribution, is that true?

#23     Nov 20, 2009
  4. madknock

madknock

thank you bishop. i did take a look at T3 and they seemed very capable and i will start looking into the other ones youve mentioned. i think most firms do ask for capital contribution and likely pay a higher percentage than ones that back you fully. imo 5-10k means very little if you are going to be successful at trading.

#24     Nov 20, 2009
  5. Jackson-Steinem

#25     Nov 23, 2009
  6. cstfx

cstfx

They haven't been around since '87!

#26     Nov 23, 2009
  7. jumper

jumper

I thought RBC sold off their prop group??

#27     Nov 23, 2009
  8. Yes, T3 DOES takes deposits, as in a training fee.

#28     Nov 25, 2009
  9. a deposit IS NOT a traing fee - a deposit you get back whereas a training fee you do not.

And in the case of T3, they explicitly say before you put up any money to "learn" their way of trading that there is no guarantee that they will ask you to trade with them. They have a good rep and all, but when I was told that, I passed.

#29     Nov 25, 2009
  10. #30     Nov 25, 2009