Please judge my performance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by feng456, Jun 29, 2011.

1. feng456

feng456

started with 10k account....i know im undercapitalised...i want more money too.

i trade about 3-4 times a week. it is day trading so i am in and out between 9:30 and 4:15. size is about 1 contract per 5k.

#11     Jun 29, 2011
  2. TD80

TD80

Particularly as we discuss futures trading, the only thing that really matters is return on risk. This is because of the potential leverage involved.

If you made 10% with a max open DD of 1% (not notional, I mean the account) for the year, then I would say you are doing very very well. Want to make 100%? Just lever up if you dare.

If you made 10% and saw a 30% max open DD, then you're not quite there yet.

Over the long run, it is highly likely that even if you are quite good, your MAR is probably going to get down to around 1. It is really hard to have a MAR above 1-1.5 for very long periods of time (decades, for instance). You would be well served to keep this in mind when setting your leverage level...

#12     Jun 29, 2011

3. They'd tell you to go to ET and bullshit for a few more years.

#13     Jun 30, 2011
  4. feng456

feng456

meaning what exactly? are you saying i'm bullshiting because my numbers were too high? or because they would laugh at my shitty results and ET is for losers like me?

#14     Jun 30, 2011

5. You've not run into any significant major obstacle(s) since you started 3 years ago - you've had 2 straight winning years.

That's WAVE 1 up.

Expect Wave 2 down to get underway anytime this, your 3rd year. It will and should almost kill you.

This is required albeit unbeknownst to you on a conscious level.

Just as you are about to give up trading for good and you might languish in this state for months, your turmoil will bottom.

Then you will take off northbound on Wave 3 and become a highly successful trader.

Based on what you have said, this is what I see for you.

Keep it up and best of luck.

When you are down and out, remember this - light at the end of the tunnel is aborning.

#15     Jun 30, 2011
  6. feng456

feng456

thanks for your encouragements...these are dark times for me....

#16     Jun 30, 2011
  7. Okay Feng, here's what you do. Go through your trading record and compare your BIGGEST loss to your AVERAGE win. If it's even close to 1:1, you have some risk management work to do. After that, realize that this below is probably the best advice you'll get from this thread.

#17     Jul 2, 2011