Please Ignore Ron Paul.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheDudeofLife, Dec 2, 2007.

1. http://stealthfiction.com/please-ignore-ron-paul/

An Open letter to ‘Old Media’.

Sometimes I wish I understood, but could not seem to comprehend why you do it, but then minutes later I did not give a damn any more. And that is why you will fail.

Why are you so set on who you want the presidential candidates to be? Is it that you see that the Status Quo is threatened? Is change such a bad thing? Maybe the reason doesn’t matter. In the end of each day, no matter if you are a democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, neo-con, corporate power representative , or what ever else … We are all still United States Citizens. We all care about America, right … Right? The sad truth is that we do not. Perhaps liberty is not a concern of the powerful, and If you do not care, then I can not care for you. And that is why you will fail.

For years you force fed what you deem to be important down the throats of Americans citizens. Minimized most of what the public should be concerned about while sensationalizing the mundane and trivial. Did you do it for the all powerful dollar? The same dollar that is now worth half of what it was worth a few years ago? Even as I ask, the reason does not matter, and that is why you will fail.

I must admit that you almost had me. At one time I felt that the United States reigned supreme, the greatest, the infallible, the just. Those were happy times … so I happily ignored reality while I sort-of-listened to your newscasters tell me how it really was. Oh yes, I remember … The ‘Sold’ war. The logic, your logic, to me it made sense. it was simple really, simple enough for the average channel surfer or newspaper reader to get: To defend, we must go on the offense. To protect ourself, we must attack them. And years later, after the reasons we went there had changed and changed again … And when there was no army left for us to fight … new reasons were given to us as to why are still there and why we had to stay. But, like so many others, I could flip through the channels, not feeling anything as the casualty toll rose and rose. And that is why you will fail.

If not for you, maybe I would not have ever given a damn. I do not remember exactly when, or how it happened, I can only remember the ‘why’: Giuliani Vs. Clinton, or maybe Rommy Vs. Obama or maybe it would be McCain VS. Edwards. Flick, flick, flick, same, same, same, ‘one of these guys WILL be your candidate, we say so.’ I change the channel again. I could not care less because I did not care at all. And that is why you will fail.

I must thank you for opening my eyes. You see, somewhere in the haze, something began to stand out. Every once in a while I would be trying to ignore you while waiting for the next rerun of my favorite show and you would continue to tell us who our president would be. Then you went out of your way to tell us that there was someone who has ‘No chance’ and you did not know why they were even trying. At first I dismissed it, after all, you were telling us who was ‘winning’, and you could be trusted, but the more I heard about the guy who absolutely had ‘No CHANCE!’ This man, ‘Ron Paul, would never … could never …’ the closer I began to listen. Somehow if you hear shouting for so long, it simply becomes background noise and the smallest whisper can be heard. In all of your screaming about who was winning, the only thing I picked up was the name that you said, could not. And that is why you will fail.

“Google Ron Paul!” A sign said. It was somewhere on a side street in MD, as I drove home one day. Because of you, I remembered that name. I wanted to see what it was about this person that made you so sure he could not be in the running. So I went home and looked up the name. I do not even have to tell you what happened then. Almost any American that does it for themselves already knows what I’m talking about. I will never forget that it was your bias against this man that made me remember him. And that is why you will fail.

Now as I close out this letter, I imagine that for every person who looked into this so called ‘No Chance’ candidate you think to your collective selves: ‘ “So What! You are in the minority, you still have no chance! No Chance! No Chance!” ‘ I would just like to point out that our numbers (even though they continue to grow substantially), do not matter. They truly do not. Have you realized why yet? No? It’s because the average person that listens to you is exactly like I was. You tell them who you think our next president will be and they will happily sit back and accept that you know what you are talking about. On their recliners or couches, fine with the status quo, they do not think they count and they will not make an effort to vote. After all, You told them the battle has already been decided. With the exception of the ones who look in to the only person who can not win, the rest will not give a damn at all … ever. Meanwhile this minority, this revolution, it does what it does, these amazing things that have never been done before, these are the people who are out there making a change, and then there is you, continuing to do the best thing for us by ignoring Ron Paul. And that is why you will fail.

2. shocking threats against ron paul supporters by neocons!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8wjJieSib0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8wjJieSib0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. Romney is a douche

4. do douche's drive for 12 hours with their family dog stapped on top of their car? btw.. the dog crapped all over the stationwagon. lol good doggie!

5. ...Ya see...this is why nobody pays attention to straw polls....just like you shouldn't pay attention to Dan rather when he comes on the air in Nove. 2000 and says " CBS is projecting that Al gore has won florida and is the next President of the USA"

...but why so much emphasis on a freakin straw poll???

A straw poll is only as reliable as the people taking it...ya ever notice that when FOX does a poll, 80% are in favor of what they believe and when the NY Times does a poll its always the exact opposite of FOX?

6. This is OT, but I hope you're not suggesting that FOX and NYT are the same, just opposite spectrum? Because, I agree that NYT is liberal, even leftish, but is at least build on solid and professional journalism and one of the most-respected newspapers in the world. FOX is professional too, but a making loud and sleazy tv-shows for the braindead, and certainly not at journalism, and it most certainly is not well respected in the world.
    With FOX, every item they bring has been bend and twisted to make it a political statement. There is no intention to write the truth and if you want to write the truth you get fired.l That is not happening at NYT.

7. are you that naive?? seriously? go back and look at how may times the NYtimes has been caught lying and fabricating stories just to get the right in a bad light...they are ALL THE SAME..just different ends of the spectrum..

8. Yes, I am that naive. They made errors once in a while, but these were widely reprimanded and apologized for. They were not fabrications.
    On FOX otoh. fabrication is the name of the game, it's their core business and their purpose is not to bring news, but to get as many viewers to their pulp-shows. As much as their was a loud outcry whenever NYT failed, it will only be as surprising when FOX reports something truthfully for once.

9. Wow...can't believe how naive about the media you are...let me get this strait though...In your mind, FOX fabricates things to get viewers and readers....But the other major news outlets.....they don't??? Could have sworn Dan Rather was forced to resign because he fabricated a memo from 30 years ago about GW...and the times plagiarized others war stories but hey, listen...they are all in the #'s game..Viewers and readers = $$$ from advertising...they are BOTH guilty of it. The TIMES once selected the ayatollah of Iran as its ' person of the year" ..they may have also chosen Osama in 01' i believe...why? controversy equals readers

10. Not saying 'the other major news outlest', I'm talking about NYT, one of the most respected newspapers in the world and a reference standard to many of the lesser ones. Even the US has a few dignified and old-fashioned intitutions like that still left.
    FOX isn't a newspaper, it isn't even a paper, maybe in the sense of wet and bendable pulp that looks like it was paper once, usefull to fill up gaps.

#10     Dec 4, 2007