Please I need your expertise.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Hugoboss, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Hugoboss

Hugoboss

Do any of you know which prop firms in NY state provide the best learning environment to learn day trading?

I am inexperience for sure however I hold a M.S in Finance and during the course of my studies had a chance to learn about futures, options strategies, arbitrage etc.... I know applying it is a different story that's why I am looking for a firm which would be proactive in training me.

Also, has any of you anything to say about "Star Alliance Capital"? I might meet them soon.

In advance, thank you for your help.

Hugo

2. have you ever read "the logical trader " ?

many prop firms promise the "moon"

few deliver the goods ...

good luck to you

3. Hugoboss

Hugoboss

Indeed I have realized that most firms are better at promising than actually delivering.

That's why I was hoping to find somebody in the forum that knows from experience which firms are the serious ones, considering they are not easy to find for an outsider...

4. jtnet

jtnet

I think all firms want u to suceed. even ones that may have crap training. just get in somwhere. take it slow and try to learn a thing or two from everyone around you. see what wroks for you and what doesn't. then slowly apply it. think of it as an experience more than training.

the only training u really need is how to find your way around the trading software if it isn't already intuitive enough.

5. jtnet

jtnet

no firm is ever going to train you the holy graill.

6. Hugoboss

Hugoboss

Thanks for your quick reply.

Also I was wondering if it is better to join a firm that does not require personal contribution, as it would create an incentive for them to be more involved with training?

7. If you can afford to put up money, do it! Otherwise you'll most likely get a "deal" where your costs are much higher than they should be. The firms justify this b/c they are giving you risk capital (you wouldnt be able to trade otherwise). If you cant afford to put up your own risk capital, you better be extremely hungry and determined b/c it will take you quite some time to overcome your commissions while you learn. If you are living at home and have no costs, then you should be fine.

8. I am seriously thinking of taking the 3 day intensive course from Bright Trading in Las Vegas. Any comments/thoughts? Also are there any similar type groups based in nyc (manhattan) that offer a similar education process and an onsite location. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

9. Hugoboss

Hugoboss

that very much makes sense, thank you.

10. Trillium Trading LLC and Chimera Capital LLC. Each hires college grads and actively teaches them to trade. They also are the only two firms left who offer a draw.

#10     Jan 8, 2007