Please Help

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, May 9, 2005.

1. NKNY

NKNY

You can get a record from your phone company that would prove you called. You will get the number called, time and duration of call. Use this to help them locate your taped conversation that they probably lost on purpose.

Nick

#11     May 9, 2005

2. Just plain brilliant. Why did I not think of this!!!

#12     May 9, 2005
  3. Good call, Nick!

#13     May 9, 2005
  4. jrkob

jrkob

It's good to know. Thanks Nick.

#14     May 9, 2005
  5. Everest

Everest

best not ask that sort of question in the circumstances

#15     May 9, 2005
  6. Under NO circumstances call those crooked brokers and help them locate your taped conversation !!!!!!!!!!
    Once you have secured records from you phone company, go to arbitration and then show to the arbitrators phone company record all of your calls that crooks say never happen.

#16     May 9, 2005

7. You pay them a dime or even talk to them some more and you're just a fool for a second time. Get your documents and facts organized and get your ass to a lawyer.

Geo.

#17     May 9, 2005
  8. Learner

Learner

Get you monthly minute by minute phone bill to track down the time and the length of your conversation with the firm to prove you called them. Hold their responsibility of not recording the conversation......

#18     May 9, 2005
  9. Agree...I wouldn't even let them know I have phone records until arbitration.

Hopefully, he asked for names during the conversations so that someone specifically can be held accountable.

I would be a little surprised if he didn't get names especially when it concerns account liquidations, margin violation or anything else serious along that lines.

However, the odds of him taking full names isn't good based on how he made some assumptions in his conversations with the trade desk (no ticket number and no specific yes or no).

Once everything is sorted out...

Ripley should be held accountable only for the amount at the time he placed his first call to the trade desk to liquidate his position.

Leasons to Learn: Always get full names (no first names only), document your phone calls, record your calls to your broker about problem trades or account problems, keep all email correspondence and any postal mail sent (send it via signature only required to someone specific that knows your sending it to prevent some mail room clerk signing for it)...UPS and FedEx are good with following these types of instructions about deliveries.

Basically, leave a digital and/or paper trail.

Therefore, you screwed yourself over and has nothing to do with the little guy going up against a corporate organization.

In addtion, your comments shows a serious problem...

* ...I held onto the loss hoping for a turn around because I was willing to lose the whole account...

* ...the losses were right around my whole account that I decided to get rid of the position...

* ...I was willing to lose all of it to learn trading...

While your account was declining and getting closer and closer to zero...

Why didn't you make any phone calls to your broker and ask for their rules about margin violations, notifications and such ???

Had they told you then its possible your account could go in the red prior to liquidation...

Would you had kepted the position and hope for a turn around while locking up your entire funds for who knows how long ???

My point...not only are you an undiscpline trader...

You failed to verifiy with your broker the worst case scenario prior to your account going negative.

That was your responsibility.

Further, your only effort (hoping) caused more problems that could have easily been avoided.

One good thing for certain...since you cannot afford to pay this money back...

You obvious can't open another trading accout elsewhere due to the lack of funds.

This will allow you time to learn about discipline, risk or money management and anything else that helps prevent letting a small loss turn into a big loss.

Then...when/if that day arrives for you to open a new account elsewhere...

Your first questions and verification of such via it being printed somewhere at their website or manual...

Margin Violations...

Just in case the only lesson you learned is how to win in arbitration.

Last of all, losses are part of the game but don't let one trade wipe out your entire account and then some more (in the red) under the facade of learning how to trade.

Had you said you had plenty of money elsewhere and this was a small tuition (learning money)...

I wouldn't had been so harsh in my above comments.

NihabaAshi

#19     May 9, 2005