Please help with my PC problem

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gcapman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

All of a sudden I keep getting an error about a physical dump of memory when I try to boot my PC

I turn on my PC

It goes thru the normal start-up process

Then for a nano-second (with a blue screen) I get an error message about a physical dump of memory

Then it goes thru the normal rebotting process

Then I get options for restarting: safe mode, networking, command prompt, last best known configuations and normal

Then it goes thru the normal rebotting process

Then for a nano-second (with a blue screen) I get an error message about a physical dump of memory

This keeps repeating over and over and over

I tried all of the above but no luck

Does anyone have any advice or experience in solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

2. hughb

hughb

You can try googling for "blue screen of death" or "bsod" to look for answers. There are a million and one things that can cause it, but from my brief amount of research it seems to happen mostly on PCs with games loaded on them.

The only troubleshooting info I could find reccomended booting from a Windows CD and go into the repair console.

I also found a couple of sites that said hardware problems, like defective chips on the motherboard can cause it.

Everthing I've found indicates that it won't be easy to fix.

Sorry, which I had more and better info. Good luck.

3. Arnie

Arnie

4. Pay attention to error codes you get from memory dumps. It could be anything from a failed device to a hard drive that is failing (system files corrupted).

Have you tried running scandisk from your Windows CD/DVD? Look for errors and bad sectors.

Boot from your DVD go into BIOS and switch DVD/CD to 1 priority and take your Windows CD/DVD and load it up then go into recovery console instead of installation and try running scandisk from there( or equivalent utility)

I had a similar issue with a hard drive essentially failing on me. I had a 2 sec power outage and then scandisk never completed when I tried doing it so I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled everything(and bought UPS).