Please Help With Getting a Job

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Needajob, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Needajob

Needajob

I know from looking through a couple of posts here there are some very knowledgable people here who have experience in banks, prop shops, trading from home etc.

I would like to get a job in London and have tried applying to hr etc they don't give me a look in, I have heard of people actually going up to he city and either hand delivering resumes to hr or ringing up say a head trader they have sent a resume and covering letter to couple of days before and asking for a meeting about vacancies etc, this is my last resort so I don't want to mess up does anyone here have any advice about trying to get a job this way?

Cheers.

2. christ, use periods. i've rarely been able to get through one of your posts. you don't need a job, you need a 2nd grade grammar class. go to college before you get a job.

3. Aren't you being a little harsh? Also, it appears this was his FIRST post.

4. Should we lynch him?

5. Well, this is my first post, and yet I think I can punctuate and capitalize and construct a sentence.

But of course, it is expected of me. Even though people watch and wait for me to make errors!

And as for the young man who is looking for a job; my suggestion is to do what I did. Get your father involved!

Your President,
    G.W. Bush

6. LOL....ok, perhaps i was a bit harsh. i apologize. but, this IS NOT his first post. the brit has been here under several different names, and probably has over a 100 posts under his belt. how do i know it is him? because he can not construct a sentence!

there is some underlying advice in my response. my girlfriend works at goldman in FIC and i WOULD NOT recommend somebody who can not construct a sentence. would you? i'd recommend getting a basic education. trading is not life after all. it's important to be a well rounded person.

7. axehawk

axehawk

Nicholassegrue, London20002, and Needajob are all some of this chap's aliases. I also believe he is USA2001 on Vault.com.

Go to school Nick.

8. Needajob

Needajob

Sorry if my punctuation is not to your liking but I can't go through taking time to correct SPG.

I was searching for posts on employment here and came across the postings of a certain NicholasSegrue. Just to reassure you I am not him I would presume as he posted quite a while ago he is working by now, I have tried pming him for some advice, anyone else here have advice?

9. Pound

Pound

Dufug,

In Europe, the comma is a period and I think that is where he is from.

Just clarifyin'.

Pound

10. nitro

nitro

When we won the war we should have beat that comma vs period shit out of them.

nitro :mad:

#10     Aug 28, 2002