Please help with Bracket Trader

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by 4XIS4U, Feb 7, 2007.

1. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Hi, I've posted a question on the Bracket Trader but can't get an answer.

I'm confused regarding the settings for a trailing stop and was wondering if anyone could help me. Here's what I'm trying to setup:

Symbol: ER2

Initial Stop: 1.5 pts (this part is fine)
    T1: 1 pt (this part is fine)
    T2: 2 pt (this part is fine)

Now, I'd like the stop to be moved to 0.5 below current price AFTER T1 (1 pt) is reached. I can't seem to get it working.

Thanks. :(

2. The way it's supposed to work is by going to trade settings and then to break even offset. There you set the break even to -0.5. On the main screen where it says BE mode check after T1 exit. I think thats the way it's suposed to work but I can't get it to work. This could be a good program but it's buggy. The BE mode doesn't always work. If you get a partial fill it doesn't send in the stop and target orders. And it sold an extra contract after I moved my T2 target after the T1 was filled. In short only use if your in front of the screen. I'm looking for another order entry program.

3. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Thanks the the explanation bigarrow. I've tried many different settings but it doesn't seem to work. If you don't mind, what order programs are you evaluating?

4. I'm looking at ButtonTrader and Ninja Trader. But leaning toward ButtonTrader.