Please Help.. Please

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mrnate22, Nov 30, 2012.

1. iamdom

iamdom

Everyone is successful in what they do. Every trader succeeds, the ones who are making money trade to make money, the ones who trade for emotional reasons experience strong emotions, etc. Everyone gets what they're asking for, we are all very successful. Making money would not be to your liking.

#31     Dec 1, 2012
  2. if you like trading stocks, and you think you would like to trade around other people, then a prop firm would be good. Usually you put up 25 to 50k of your own money and they give you 150 to 300k in buying power. Plus, they have a list of easy to borrow stocks if you want to go short.

You give up a little compared to being independent. Depends on how bad you really want it.

You are already making up silly excuses so it sounds to me like you don't really want it that bad.

#32     Dec 1, 2012
  3. I'm not making excuses.. I've just tried so many things before already to solve this discipline problem of mine but no success.. I've tweak some of my techniques and I'll let u know if it will solve the problem.

#33     Dec 1, 2012
  4. 1. If you are willing to write down your rules for taking a trade, and

2. You are willing to give this to a disciplinarian (someone more disciplined than you) who will authorize all your trades, then

3. Yes, this may help you. But you may grow to dislike the company.

4. Making money in The Market is supposed to feel bad - you're correcting all the overshoots and mispricings caused by gregarious fairies who give chase for no reason other than seeing the skirt...... you must go the other way!

#34     Dec 1, 2012
  5. no kidding, most of the time it is just betting they are wrong. But occasionaly they are right, then you have to cover your ass pretty quick or they will wipe you out.

#35     Dec 1, 2012
  6. 4. Making money in The Market is supposed to feel bad - you're correcting all the overshoots and mispricings caused by gregarious fairies who give chase for no reason other than seeing the skirt...... you must go the other way! [/B][/QUOTE]

Funny you said that.. it's actually one of my new strategies.. This strategy is a scary to me still though but I'm trying to get better at it..

#36     Dec 1, 2012
  7. Funny you said that.. it's actually one of my new strategies.. This strategy is a scary to me still though but I'm trying to get better at it.. [/B][/QUOTE]better is when you guess what they are going to do and just do what everybody else is doing.

That pays for all the times you were wrong in the past.

#37     Dec 1, 2012
  8. I'm pretty sure you don't have what it takes. My advice would be to pursue whatever other talents you may have.

#38     Dec 1, 2012
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Hmmmmmm, I must be doing something wrong after all these years as I don't have any idea of a signal going to work or not, I do know it is a numbers game though and my skills after I get in determine the outcome of a trade most of the time, but any trade is 50/50.

So what you are saying is 90% of your trades are profitable?

Perhaps putting in a rule based on time, where one trade ends, you can't place another one for so much time (amount of time before your anger subsides.)

I have rules for when market goes extreme in an indicator or Climatic bar, I can't place a trend trade for so many bars after. Often times when markets freefall or blast off they form half of a "V", moving too fast/distance, and more often than not, there is no continuation, so going back to trend trade is almost always a losing trade not to take for me.

#39     Dec 1, 2012
  10. yes, you are doing it all wrong. You should have read more books when you were young. Now it is probably too late.

#40     Dec 1, 2012