Please help on ES questions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by abenyukh, Feb 27, 2003.

1. ... and then papertrade, and then read some books on trading, and then change software, and then upgrade your computer, and then try a new trading software, and then pray, ... , then maybe you'll last another month.

#31     Feb 28, 2003
  2. abenyukh

abenyukh

Ok,

Fine Fine Fine... I can take the jokes.... Its just very hard to find good information these days. With all the BS companies offering instant riches using their picks and the such.

My goal is to be able to move to a full-time futures trading career, but i know that will be difficult, if not impossible, but i am ready to learn for anyone who is willing to lend the info.

I have seen 2 books on Amazon:

Exchange Traded Funds and E-Mini Stock Index Futures
    by David Lerman

and

Day Trade Futures Online
    by Larry Williams

Any comments on these two? Are they worth the read?

Thanks again for all the reponses. Didn't mean to blow up on anyone cracking a few jokes... sorry-

#32     Feb 28, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

They won't teach you to trade, but I liked the first one.

nitro

#33     Feb 28, 2003
  4. abenyukh

abenyukh

will they at least teach me the basics and mecahnics.
    I guess i need to learn those before i start lookign for a strategy.

Thanks-

#34     Feb 28, 2003
  5. If you live anywhere near a prop firm that trades futures, you may wish to join one for awhile. Your costs will be higher, but you will learn much faster! You may even be able to do this before working a regular job depending on where you are. (West coast would mean something like 6:30 to 8:00 trade, then go to other job).

Jay

#35     Feb 28, 2003
  6. here is a guy that is a good teacher . he is up 50% already this year with emini .(from a small number).go to #innercircletrader in mirc on the othernet. his name is ox.its free. i have no connection with him other than i watch his room and am impressed.

#36     Feb 28, 2003
  7. Hi vhehn.

I'm in #innercircletrader now.

Thanks for the info on this room...it's a room I had forgotten about as one of the good rooms to put on my list when traders ask about the rooms on mIRC.

It's a "silence room"...that is...only the moderators can talk?

Thus, I guess nobody can ask any questions...I'll try private messaging one of the moderators (gatetrader) to see if I can get a response.

Other than that...I'll try logging in on Monday morning during the first hour action.

Also, right now as I'm typing this post...the room is dead...no posts by anybody with +61 members...

I'll hang out awhile to see if I just happen to log in during a slow time for the room.

Edited In: You updated me that the actual chat is in #InnerCircleChat and the calls are in #InnerCircleTrader.

NihabaAshi

#37     Feb 28, 2003

8. try #innercirclechat for that. the main room is for moderator only.no distractions.

#38     Feb 28, 2003
  9. Thanks vhehn :)

NihabaAshi

#39     Feb 28, 2003
  10. definitely, learn about technical analysis. There are so many TA books out there. Be able to read basic chart patterns, then ... maybe you'll last another month.

#40     Feb 28, 2003