Please help on ES questions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by abenyukh, Feb 27, 2003.

1. I started trading three years ago, and only discovered e-Minis last summer. If only I had started with them! I wouldn't have wasted so much time chasing after stocks that had already run away, trying out all the search engines and so forth!

My trading has greatly improved since moving to the e-minis. I have one issue I am looking at, and apply all my market knowledge to analyzing it. So much better!

If you are new, put your money in the bank, and watch the e-minis until you gain some understanding of what's going on. Trade with a simulator until you are makin' good bucks.

Be patient. When you know what you're doing, there is no end to how much money the market can give you. If you're impatient, It's amazing how fast it will disappear!

kp

#21     Feb 27, 2003
  2. With $10,000 you could buy 20 contracts ($500 margin) but that would be INSANE. Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to or should.

One contract gives you about $40,000 of market exposure. That's more than enough to start out with. Once you're bringing home success with one contract you can start adding others.

Cheer,

kp

#22     Feb 27, 2003
  3. #23     Feb 27, 2003
  4. Momento

Momento

hehehehehe

SWALLOW it ALIVE ! :D

#24     Feb 28, 2003
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Insane is putting it mildly. A $500 margin (not that I know of a place that has margins this low) represents just 10 points on ES. It can move that far in the time it takes you to say "Holy #@$%!" and hit your "Close Out Everything at Any Price Emergency Exit" button. Then, your account balance would read zero. Or worse, you could easily owe the brokerage more money (above and beyond what was in your account).

#25     Feb 28, 2003
  6. gnome

gnome

You sure? Maybe it's just young. Like a baby chicken...

#26     Feb 28, 2003
  7. abenyukh

abenyukh

You guys are very funny. I'm sure you all didn't start making millions when you started out. I already know i am no position to start today.

I am however trying to get my questions answered and am trying to learn.

Those of you who gave real answers, i appreciate it greatly. Those who didn't, perhaps you should concentrate more on your trading than wasting time insulting the newbie.

#27     Feb 28, 2003
  8. gnome

gnome

What? You think this is SANDBOX? The trading markets are full of hungry sharks. You're going to need a tough hide just to survive. Besides, we're just kiddin' you. :D

#28     Feb 28, 2003
  9. Don't worry, they're just thickening your skin for the REAL action! :D

Trading is war!

kp

#29     Feb 28, 2003
  10. Trading is war and trading is art, all at the same time. All I can say is papertrade, then simulate, then papertrade, then simulate, ..., then maybe you'll last a month. :p

#30     Feb 28, 2003