Please help on ES questions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by abenyukh, Feb 27, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

I smell a weak sick animal near here...sniff, sniff. I smell blood....

nitro

#11     Feb 27, 2003
  2. abenyukh

abenyukh

Any comments or answers on my Options on futures question?

Thanks!

#12     Feb 27, 2003
  3. ES is a tough game!!!!

#13     Feb 27, 2003
  4. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

#14     Feb 27, 2003
  5. Kermit

Kermit

abenyukh:

An excellent way to start learning about trading ES (or NQ) would be to sign up for a simulated trading account with a brokerage firm and just experiment! I think they start you off with $50,000 in play money and you can see how you perform after a day, a week, a month, etc. That should give you plenty of feedback on what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you need to work on.

Kermit

#15     Feb 27, 2003
  6. Actually you could trade 5 on an intraday basis. Trading anything more than one without extensive knowledge of the market would be pretty quick suicide. I agree with others that you may wish to start trading ETF's as you will lose money slower.

Jay

#16     Feb 27, 2003
  7. TGregg

TGregg

It's LUNCHTIME! :D

#17     Feb 27, 2003
  8. I think the broker is PFG, software PFGBest. great for practicing your technique.

#18     Feb 27, 2003
  9. JayS

JayS

10. More like 25 points intraday.. it has been quiet lately.
    Yes you could "potentially do OK." Paper trade the ES in real time for a week and you'll see there is lots of noise which will grind you down quickly. The movie "Fargo" comes to mind.

100% is all you "stand to lose," yes.

IMHO, SPX or OEX options are better than ES for swing trading, since you have comparable leverage with absolute risk control. ES options are not so liquid..

ES (futures) are better for intraday since they are more liquid. Intraday there is more noise, though.

Also, SPX/OEX options are cash settled, while ES options settle in ES contracts.

#20     Feb 27, 2003