Please Help Me Build 12 Monitor System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kevinqc, Dec 2, 2011.

1. I think the idea of having multiple monitors is that they would provide all the information you need to look at during the trading session. User interaction (mouse, keyboard) is mimimal. Indeed it is hard to draw trendlines on all charts spreading over 12 monitors.

To help: 1) use a big trackball. 2) set the mouse speed in Windows to maximum. 3) Lay the grid in something like 2x3 instead of 1x6.

#11     Dec 3, 2011
  2. spend the bucks and get a proper box.

digital tigers in atlanta comes to mind.
    google em.

twin cores and 7 fans
    16 screen monster.

don't even think of trading on it

it is 11 ft wide.
    sit back 12 ft to get the full picture

use i7 laptops to enter the orders.

cheers,

shop

#12     Dec 3, 2011
  3. 10 flats are lite in the pic

6 are off to the 2 sides.

use spf 30 and limit your exposure.

cheers,

s

:cool:

#13     Dec 3, 2011
  4. kevinqc

kevinqc

I understand. I was thinking that you probably have Asus WS Rebolution that has 4 PCIe x16 slots & you might be using them for multi monitor system or someone on this forum might be using 12 monitors & 4 PCIe x16 slots who can answer & warn of any cons that I should be prepared for.

By Scat you mean Scataphagos ? If yes, then he usually has been on top of it on all my previous posts & my sincere thanks to him.

#14     Dec 3, 2011
  5. kevinqc

kevinqc

#15     Dec 3, 2011
  6. kevinqc

kevinqc

You have to pay for 3 software lisencies. You are allowed to run software only on one computer.

#16     Dec 3, 2011
  7. mokwit

mokwit

I would suggest you think which of those 12 screens have windows you only look at rather than interact with - other than typing in a symbol for change chart, and put those on a separate box, with another main box for those programs you constantly interact with - going from one end of 12 monitors to the other with a mouse is a long stretch.

#17     Dec 3, 2011
  8. kevinqc

kevinqc

Hi Bolimomo, good to see you.

I am planning on using i7-2600K & that leaves out all LGA 1366 motherboards.

Some LGA 1366 like evga has 7 PCIe x16 slots which run 4 at x16 speeds.

Does anyone know why they can't do the same with LGA 1155 MOBOS ?

#18     Dec 3, 2011
  9. kevinqc

kevinqc

#19     Dec 3, 2011
  10. kevinqc

kevinqc

The Solution for Mouse Movement :

Can anyone find out from following video if something like it is possible for individual traders such as assigning hot keys & using a device to palce mouse on any screen without travelling from one end to another ?

Look at Desktop Integration Video from following link. It shows how mouse can be moved to any monitor without dragging.

http://itworks.dk/videos/

#20     Dec 3, 2011