Please Give Me One Stock

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Jan 26, 2007.

1. someones pick from seeking alpha (maybe Cramer?) sound interesting

Following Warren Buffett's acquisition of 80% of Israeli Iscar Metalworking, here are two US-traded Israeli companies to own:

NICE Systems (NICE) -- Recording, monitoring phone calls; intelligence products; good balance sheet, no debt and growing revenue; expadning margins every year

Ness Technologies (NSTC) -- Software outsourcing; network security integration and consulting; strong track record; earnings last quarter were in-line and reaffirmed its yearly guidance; stock fell after earnings and now offers opportunity to buy 'on the cheap'.

#11     Jan 26, 2007
  2. Great!
    Thanks Nutmeg

#12     Jan 26, 2007
  3. If you want people telling you what to pick just watch cramer.

#13     Jan 26, 2007
  4. This nstc was a monster for a while. I kept running into it when I had nstk!

#14     Jan 26, 2007

5. Buy BONDS sell stocks.....that is the flight to quality trade.

#15     Jan 26, 2007
  6. Your welcome. Now I feel guilty cause I found more and decided not to post because I'm getting carried away. This from a motley fool article discussing the same issue.

Israeli investments: If war were to break out, you can expect the stocks of Israeli-based companies like Koor Industries (NYSE: KOR), Nice Systems (Nasdaq: NICE), Partner Communications (Nasdaq: PTNR), and Teva (Nasdaq: TEVA) to fall on the news.

Beneficiaries of the news are just as obvious. Additional hostilities on top of the oil-soaked sands of the Middle East can't be good for prices at the pump. Oil prices would skyrocket, and with them, the value of investments in oil majors like ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) and ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP). Further abroad, you might expect players less reliant on Middle Eastern oil for their supplies -- such as Canada's Suncor (NYSE: SU) and Russia's Gazprom and Lukoil -- to do even better.

Uncertain times call for "defensive" investing. Whether the U.S. gets involved in the aftermath of an Israeli raid on Iran or not, I'd expect to see defense stocks like General Dynamics and Lockheed take off.

But more generally, a nuclear strike -- anywhere, but especially in the Middle East -- is going to rile the markets more than any of us can imagine. And if nuclear war were to break out, God forbid, investing will become a very discomforting business.

#16     Jan 26, 2007