Please Forgive This Question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ess1096, Apr 8, 2006.

1. ess1096

ess1096

May God be with the victims of the tornados. I mean no disrespect. But this being a trading forum I wonder what you might be trading Monday morning as a result of the storms?

I assume that many of the same building supply stocks will be on the move that were on the move after Katrina. Just wondering.

2. Aaron

Aaron

I think the tornadoes are a non-event as far the the markets are concerned. While the tornadoes destroyed a few thousand homes, Katrina, for example, destroyed a few _hundred thousand_ homes.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

3. You are an absolutely horrible person for asking such a question! Wanting to profit off of others' suffering. You're pure evil!!

4. By the way, I was totally kidding with my last post. I agree with Aaron though :)

5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Not widespread enough for those types of stocks, but they could be bid up I suppose.

6. mizer

mizer

I'm sure you'll be sitting there with your hacket in hand ready to scalp:p :D

7. You know it!!

8. That's ok bud, I'm hoping to join those who profit from terror - the more destruction and terror spread in Iraq, the better HAL and defence companies will do. Every check point that showers a family car with fiddy cals, I'll profit! Bring on the no bid contracts, I love 'em! It's the American way.

9. I would go long photo stocks and tire stocks as all the rubberneckers get punctured tires from storm debris while snapping photos. I should know, boohaha.

Rennick out ( ardent storm chaser)