Please explain WSO today

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by pkny, Jan 22, 2008.

1. pkny

pkny

I have a buy stop market order to be triggered at 36.60 and I see the high of the day at 37.28. Telechart shows that price went there, as does bigcharts (quote) and Zecco. Bigcharts chart shows that price went just above 34 and my order is still active in zecco. It is an order for an odd lot (30 shares) if that helps.

What is going on? Thanks

PK

2. pkny

pkny

nobody has any opinions? no similar experience? Thanks

3. Surdo

Surdo

It should have been executed, did you call your broker and ask why? What time was the order entered? It looks like the first 5 minutes of the day was where it would have been triggered.
    If you are covering a bad short, it looks like you did better by not getting stopped out anyway!

4. pkny

pkny

I did not call the broker, still have the position. It was entered the previous evening. I just wanted to know if there was something in the rules of how execution works that applied to odd lots, possibly...

Imagine this was a 300 share order that didn't get executed and went my way.....

Appreciate the response

PK

5. plugger

plugger

What exactly is your position? What are you trying to do?

You said later that you still have the position? Were you trying to add to it or what?

6. pkny

pkny

Not adding to it. I'm short at 32.21. I'm practicing some swing type trading with small share size - instead of sim trading I'd rather trade small and work up to larger size

thank you