Please enlighten me! Confused, young, lost. Input from all traders welcome!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by IvoryOctopus, Nov 12, 2011.

#11     Nov 13, 2011
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Just round up a whole lot of money and start trading. There's no way you can't become a great trader before it all runs out...

#12     Nov 13, 2011
  3. good luck all traders in the world,.with different professions. at the end trading is their hobby

#13     Nov 13, 2011
  4. been watching/listening for years. still i'm scared about this first step. however; believe this" it does not matter our specific fate is, as long as we face it with ultimate abandon" so with that in m ind, i remember it is always [1] person that does the most damage, or the most good. i have found that academia are payed well, so they pay others to invest for them. academia are notoriously at making poor decisions. good luck to us.

#14     Nov 13, 2011
  5. patoo

patoo

speak for urself, missy :D

#15     Nov 13, 2011
  6. Where would you suggest looking? I can only think of online broker branches? I live on the west coast if that matters, in northern california.

#16     Nov 14, 2011
  7. Thank you two! I'll definitely look at it.

#17     Nov 14, 2011
  8. If I'm not mistaken, that's sort of what I've been able to barely piece together but was unsure. It being based on judgment I mean. Of course as good judgment is based on being well educated as well as informed and adequate experience, and I believe those three things are exactly where I'm lacking.

How to acquire experience, from what I've collected so far seems to be trading in simulators or using the actual market and applying strategies/techniques through trial and error. But will just becoming book smart on strategies educate and inform me well enough to have good judgement? What about an understanding about market and financial mechanics? Don't some traders use just technical analysis to trade? Does that remove the need for market and financial understanding or is that just a preference and style thing?

Thanks again for your reply.

#18     Nov 14, 2011
    #19     Nov 14, 2011
  10. those who can't do, teach. f*ck your professor. if he could trade he wouldn't be lecturing a bunch of teenagers wearing pajamas about how it's so hard to trade.

#20     Nov 14, 2011