Please donate to Haiti

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Thanks to all who donated. If you don't like the Red Cross, then there are several other well known charities working in that area who are assisting with the efforts.

This event has made me think about the donations I give each year. In all honesty, I have never made it a practice to donate to charities. Maybe a few dollars here and there over the years, but it was never an annual practice.

From this point forward, I am going to pick 5 to 10 charities and donate to them at least once every 6 months. A disaster like this could strike at any time and donations after the fact are helpful, but they should really be going to them before things like this happen.

This is how karma works. If you don't donate, then it goes against your karma and then bad luck comes as a result. You dont want to wish bad karma...bad luck upon yourself especially when you play the odds trading.

You and I have lost money from trading in the past. Why not take some cash...divide it among 5-10 different charities and donate? It is tax deductible.

Please, have a heart and open your wallet. These guys do perform a service that you can see.

#51     Jan 19, 2010
  2. BS

#52     Jan 19, 2010

3. Well now that you mention it...:D :p :D :p

ps. Please no one get offended, just clicking around with an Old Milwaukee 40, acting like a jackass...

ppss. Hey, the GOP just took Kennedy's seat...MOOOHAHAHAHA!!!!:D :D :D :D

pppsss. Seriously I apologize about the crack of the Flying Haiten and 9/11 jumper...and, oh yea a big Shalom to my bagel munching friends..

Rennick out:cool:

#54     Jan 19, 2010