Please donate to Haiti

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Jan 17, 2010.

1. you're the problem with society

#31     Jan 18, 2010
  2. donating money to haiti is waste...

people are hungry and unemployed in this country [usa]

#32     Jan 18, 2010
  3. Actually we could kill two birds with one stone by feeding you The hungry Haitians.

:D

#33     Jan 18, 2010
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I agree that Haiti needs help. But the Red Cross is the last organization I would recommend donating through.

Some facts: Red Cross has been fined $20 million in recent years.

http://www.charitywatch.org/articles/Red_Cross_Pays_Fines.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/07/30/eveningnews/main516886.shtml

Red Cross has excess levels of management running around IMO. Find other organizations who are responsible fiscally that will use the bulk of contributions helping those in Haiti.

#34     Jan 18, 2010
  5. No way.

#35     Jan 18, 2010

6. The US 51st state! :eek:

#36     Jan 18, 2010
  7. The Democrats would love to have Haiti be the 51st state. More Democrat voters!

This thread needs to be moved to Chit Chat!

#37     Jan 18, 2010
  8. empee

empee

I donated $100 to the Red Cross, I didnt screen cap it but did get a confirmation email.

Wasn't because of this thread, but if it makes you feel better maybe it worked subconsciously! :)

Here is a part of the email with the thank you message so you know I actually did it :)

---

Thank you for your $100.00 gift to the American Red Cross to support where our need is greatest. This gift helps people down the street, across the nation and
    around the world through our vital programs and network of more than 700 chapters and Blood Services regions.

Your generosity empowers the Red Cross to provide critical services when and where they are needed most. The Red Cross is there to help families and communities
    prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. The Red Cross collects, screens, processes, tests and transports blood donations to provide nearly half of the
    nation’s blood supply. Our chapters train nearly 15 million people in vital lifesaving skills such as first aid, CPR and disaster preparedness training each
    year.

In addition to the these services, the Red Cross also offers programs such as tracing and messaging to reconnect loved-ones who have been separated, and our
    services to the Armed Forces that provide emergency help for soldiers, veterans and military families.

Thank you for being an essential part of the Red Cross mission.

#38     Jan 18, 2010
  9. I donated to the tsunami relief, but the Haitians won't be getting a single penny from me. They made a deal with the Devil, haven't you heard? :D

#39     Jan 18, 2010
  10. N Please.....

I wouldn't give those machete-wielding apes a nickel.

Oh btw happy MLK day!

:D

#40     Jan 18, 2010