Please donate to Haiti

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by retaildaytrader, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Come on guys. Over 500 people have viewed this thread and I dont see anyone posting up donation tickets.

Let me give you some ideas on how to do it:

Unemployed guy with little cash- Simple. Use the text message option to donate just $10. Then encourage your friends to donate through texts and emails.

Trader who makes over six figures a year- Get at least $500 and go to www.charitynavigator.com. Here is the exact link:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=1004

Then pick 5-10 different charities in the area and spread it amongst them.

I am going to be on here tomorrow and the rest of the week pushing this thread up. You can help me push it up by posting your donation tickets.

Come on! Just $10. Even if you are unemployed you can scramble up 10 bucks.

#21     Jan 17, 2010
  2. As much as I feel for the Haitian people, you are a little too agressive here bro, people can see the carnage on CNN 24/7.

Please stop begging here, one post was enough to make your point.

#22     Jan 18, 2010
  3. Save the Children is a good charity to donate to.
    Your money donated to them gets to poor kids. This charity is a hard working charity and gets a lot done for poor kids.
    $100 donation can really help.
    http://www.savethechildren.org/

#23     Jan 18, 2010
  4. I can see the carnage and that is why I am being aggressive. The only way out of this now is through aggressive fund raising. Money will not bring back the lives lost, but it will definately make the situation better. I think I made a few people aware and gave them avenues to donate through this post. I hope a juggled a few to at least pick up the cell phone and text donate.

Here are two more links to well known credible charities working in the area:

United Way
    https://volunteer.united-e-way.org/uwwwdisaster/donate/

Habitat for Humanity
    https://www.habitat.org/cd/giving/donate.aspx?link=227

I donated to 5 different charities so far.
    - Clinton-Bush Fund
    - Red Cross
    - UNICEF
    - United Way
    - Habitat for Humanity.

All I want to see is one donation ticket posted up by someone so I know that this thread was worthwhile.

There is a lot of carnage on the television but it will not get better until the area gets more help. The only way it will get more help is by opening the wallet.

If you want to give $500 or more then choose 5-10 different well known charities and give. If you are poor or just cheap, then give 10 bucks. Thats all I ask.

Its tax deductible...

#24     Jan 18, 2010
  5. Oh here is another ticket.

[​IMG]

#25     Jan 18, 2010
  6. https://www.wspa-usa.org/pages/3095_haiti_disaster_appeal_1_10_general.cfm

The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) is currently responding to the earthquake in Haiti.

WSPA is working very hard to help bring relief to the animals victim. They developed Animal Relief Coalition for Haiti (ARCH) to assist in the response efforts. If you can help by donation, click the above link, the $$ goes directly to help out.

So far, this is what Human Society Intl. did to work w/ WSPA:

=====================

To try to help these animals, here's what HSI is doing right now:

We're working with Sociedad Dominicana para la Prevención de Crueldad a los Animales, which is based in the Dominican Republic and has offered to get a team of animal responders and veterinarians into Haiti;

We're sending a veterinarian trained in disaster response associated with our partner organization, the Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association, to the Dominican Republic to spearhead our assessment;

We have joined the Animal Relief Coalition for Haiti, and will be working with the World Society for the Protection of Animals, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, and other partner groups on a coordinated response to this crisis;

We've communicated with humanitarian relief agencies and are poised to address the security, transportation, housing, and supply challenges that accompany deployment.

#26     Jan 18, 2010
  7. I am back to push this thread over 1000 views. Come on guys, $10 to the Red Cross.

#27     Jan 18, 2010
  8. Lethn

Lethn

Sorry but I think this is the most asshole thing someone can do, pretty much thinking that because we're not third world countries we're automatically better off. Maybe you'd have better luck asking the damn government for money. Of course maybe you haven't been taking note of the news lately of how they can't even organize proper aid themselves and it's either going to be coming six days too late or the earthquake messed up the roads so bad they can't get to the people.

Some random people can't automatically police the world just because others think they should when said people can't even govern their own damn countries or even prevent the terrorists from getting close when that's what they constantly claim all this war is for.

If you hadn't noticed we've ended up devaluing our currency ten-fold almost because of supporting all this stuff. Maybe if we spent the money we spent on aid instead of war it might have been a bit more worthwhile but it's a tad too late now.

#28     Jan 18, 2010
  9. Hey guys, No more excuses. You went out this weekend pouring money on some date that didnt go well or just donated it to the bar for some beer. The Red Cross is always there when disaster strikes and it operates off of donations. Do not throw that money at some woman who will never see you again or beer that you will urinate out later. Give it to an organization that can truly use it.

If you are sitting there from day to day watching what is happening on television and making loads of money trading, then you are truly doing the wrong thing if you have not made a donation. Everyone here can give at least $10, but if you are feeling generous then take 500-1000 dollars and divide it up among 10 well known charities working in the area.

Please, do not wait. Go to their websites now, take out the credit card and donate. Do not delay. You are telling me that you cannot give away 10 bucks to the Red Cross? An organization that is always there in times of crisis?

Do me a favor too. Encourage others to donate as well. Thanks.

#29     Jan 18, 2010
  10. This is the last bump for the day. I will bump one more time in the morning on Tuesday and Weds just to make sure everyone has seen it and considered making a donation. I wouldnt spend my time on this thread if I did not believe it to be that important.

Please donate. Thanks.

#30     Jan 18, 2010