Please Comment On My New Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by carltonp, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Of course I understand what I've created - you silly person, I created it.

I'm simply asking for opinions. If it appears crap to you or others so be it.

Don't worry, Im prepared for people to give me grief, when all I'm doing is asking for help. Shame on you, sir.

#21     Sep 6, 2011
  2. Thanks for responding. I've been testing all kinds of methods and this one suits me best, due to the way I can use my skills with excel programming.

#22     Sep 6, 2011
  3. hey there is no need to be unfriendly, i didnt want to insult you. sorry.

Just because i am silly, doesnt mean that i could be right with what i am saying.

If its working, "RESPECT".

Your work sounds like "intra Indices Analysis".
    Could you also apply this system to longer time frames, by using the same data stuff, OBV and Advance / Decline, and calculate the number with excel ??? So it would be only usefule for Indices analysis, am i right ??? But the idea is very interesting.

good work., very interesting.

But why dont you use just the Nasdaq100 price and OBV and Advance Decline data, how you do it with the stocks ???
    For what do you need the stocks for ??? when you thing nasdqa100 predicts the dow price moves. ???

#23     Sep 6, 2011
  4. I think too, that would be a better way for your strategy.
    That would be clear arbitrage trading.
    Maybe you could use this data too, in your excel analysis ???

#24     Sep 6, 2011
  5. you have to find that answer for yourself. Just because someone tells you this is so and so, does not mean, that it is true.

Just give it a try, maybe it works. Build up a few statistics and compare your data, that could help you.:) :) :)

#25     Sep 6, 2011
  6. BSAM is right,

you must react on your prediction.
    Study price behaviour, historical data until your pc explods.

#26     Sep 6, 2011
  7. Hi Guys,

Sorry for not responding sooner - I imagine most of the respondants here are based in the US while I'm here in UK, so I was asleep when you were replying :eek:

Anyway, thanks for your comments/suggestion.

HATEtheRisk, no hard feelings mate. It was really late and I was feeling a little worn down, hence my obtuse response - sorry.

I've briefly read the comments/suggestions, but I want to go ove them again before responding.

Cheers

#27     Sep 7, 2011
  8. Nasdaq100 price is added to the list of stocks.

The main reason I use stocks is because I feel that if I can use an indicator on one stock to assess price behaviour of another stock (YM) then with a bit of programming I use the price behaviour of 100 or 1000 stocks to assess the behaviour of YM.

Let me give you an example, many traders use RSI to determine overbought/oversold levels on their charts for a single stock, or some traders use correlation analysis between a single stock and an index to determine likely direction of the index.

My thoughts are if I can use the same analysis with a little bit of programming for 1000 stocks to assess the direction of index/future then I would have more confidence in placing trade with, say YM.

If I was willing to pay for 500 symbols from Esignal I would program excel to assess the RSI or ADX of each individual stock of S&P 500 to trade ES emini. So if say 455 out of 500 stocks were identified as overbought according to RSI I would use that information to trade emini.

Listening to the comments and suggestions of the other traders I think the way to go is to use the stocks of the DOW. However, I do have another question for you and rest of traders willing to respond.

What do you think of the idea of entering trades with ES or YM based on how long it has remained stagnant? For example, if your trading ES and you notice that the price hasn't moved for 4 seconds what does that tell you and how would you trade that scenario? It has been suggested that I look at Tape Reading or Time and Sales. What do you think?

Cheers

#28     Sep 7, 2011
  9. diogenes7

diogenes7

I applaud your due diligence, and the application of your Excel skills. I hope you keep plugging away at it until you are comfortable to trade it for real.

You mention you've paper traded it for a while. What are your results?

#29     Sep 7, 2011
  10. I have more losers than winners - as a matter of fact my losers double my winners but I still come out profitable. If only I could reduce my losers ..

#30     Sep 7, 2011