Please Comment On My New Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by carltonp, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Guys,

I appreciate all your comments - good and bad. Keep them coming.

Cheers

#11     Sep 6, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm wondering if maybe you misunderstood/misinterpreted the suggestion.

#12     Sep 6, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

I remember at one point that I was fairly convinced that watching the YM might be better for placing ES trades than watching the ES...

#13     Sep 6, 2011
  4. dont like it.

too complicated.

why humans always make everything so complicated ???

#14     Sep 6, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like you changed your mind.

I used to watch the ES while waiting to pull the trigger on the YM.

I'm having a hard time imagining watching Nasdaq 100 issues in order to trade YM/DOW though.

#15     Sep 6, 2011
  6. If you're referring to the excel programming I might agree with you, as for the concept it's really straight forward.

#16     Sep 6, 2011
  7. why want beginners always only to be scalpers ???
    Scalping is the most difficult style of trading, only the BEST Pros can make that. And also there is not the most money, its too hard, too many different factors in intraday trading.

1. check the current trading range of the product and see how price behaves in that area, and learn why prices does what it does.
    build your system up from that.
    you dont need that complicated excel stuff.

just a little advice.

good luck:)

#17     Sep 6, 2011
  8. Sir, everything appears complicated at first, but a little understanding and a whole new world opens up....

#18     Sep 6, 2011
  9. yes that is correct. but if you would have the understanding, then you would not ask for comments about your strategy, arent you ????????

The problem with opening new worlds, is that you might never come to an end, its like jumping from one parallel universe to the next,
    it will become more complicated and more and more and ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... until your head explods.

:) :) :)

#19     Sep 6, 2011
  10. your idea is generally not bad.
    in some way i trade this similar, but very different...hahahaha.:D

the summary of what your strategy tells, is that you watch to products which move in similar action, and you just watch witch one starts first a move, and wait then for and trade on the other product, because it will go the same way as product one.

Thats nothing special, that happens on all markets.

for example, when Stock Indices go down, mainly the big stocks go down to, but they dont do it all at the same time.

It a kind of "arbitrage" trading. How you use that in your trading, to put the odds on your side, is the problem you have to solve before you can make constant profit on it.

greetings :) :) :)

#20     Sep 6, 2011