Please Check Out my Site

Discussion in 'Forex' started by dima777, Sep 4, 2008.

1. dima777

dima777

Thank you for your suggestion....changing the font or the page layout and color schemes are easy..

what I am more concerned is if this educational site can serve as a platform for a hedge fund...

#21     Sep 6, 2008
  2. Doubt it. Hedge funds are based upon a certain amount of mysticism. Education is the antithesis of mysticism.

#22     Sep 6, 2008
  3. HTML websites went out about 6 years ago.

At least go with .ASP or .NET.

#23     Sep 6, 2008
  4. dima777

dima777

thanks!!! I am sure I can keep my strategy mystic...:) I am thinking the educational materials can help add the credibility to the fund...because some of the strategies will drawn from the material described in the course...

#24     Sep 6, 2008
  5. First... you shouldn't have posted this on ET.

After a good 30 min. of researching, anyone can find out that you are an inexperienced trader. (or a prospecting trader who's developed a system without any cash).

3 Step Process of people finding out your service is BS:

1. Google your website.
    2. Reach ET with your screen name.
    3. Read your past posts.

Second, I have a question. You are so determined to get into a hedge fund, or try to find capital to trade. What are you doing right now? Or what's your financial situation? Can't you just save up some of your money and trade on your own? Why not try to join a prop. firm, stick around for a few years, save money and trade on your own...

Finally, from your previous posts, it's quite clear that you still don't have the required skill to smoothly work together with a fund. What I can suggest is give yourself a few years and put some time to build your experience, crudentials, and skills.

Few suggestions:

1. Join a prop. - You build a track record. Prolly the fastest way to build your career.

2. Go back to school for a few years and learn Computer Science (Linguistic Recog. stuff) or get a Financial Engineering degree of some sort. Then join a firm as a quant.

3. Trade on you own. Save money and trade.

4. ...or go completely Freelance. But you'll definitely need to relocate to a major financial center because you'll need to network and meet people constantly. Make connections. Make connections. Make connections.

One last advice is...

Seriously... a little website and spamming E-mails won't get your career going anywhere. You should be walking into firms or at least giving them calls.

Go old fashion and meet/talk to people.

PS. Writing educational material will not help your career. Unless you want to be a finance journalist or be a marketer for a fund.... a good example would be marketsurfer in ET.

#25     Sep 7, 2008
  6. dima777

dima777

thanks for such a huge post! I will think about some of your advices...

I am always amused how people here tend to draw far reaching conclusion from just a few superfluous posts...I know the answers to 95% of my questions on ET...I am just posting to hear other people's opinion...

The fact that I might not have all the required skills to open a hedge doesn't necessarily mean that i do not know people who have them - and who have been running fully algorithmic forex fund for a few years already...

thanks again for your advices..:)

#26     Sep 8, 2008