Please ban ZZZzzzzzzz. He debases every thread in which he participates.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Jan 17, 2008.

Please ban ZZZzzzzzzz. He debases every thread in which he participates.

1. Yes, I agree.

53 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. No, I do not agree.

65 vote(s)
    55.1%
  1. Yes, but you're an idiot. Really.

(Forgive me. But I feel as compelled to stand up for the truth as you do for the right of pedophile trolls to trample every thread they participate in.)

#41     Jan 19, 2008
  2. i rest my case. i knew you'd expose your true nature under hard cross.. LOL :D

#42     Jan 19, 2008
  3. I never endeavored to hide my nature. Much like you.

(Therefore, it only makes sense that I should see you for who you are almost immediately, whereas it took "hard cross" for you to figure out what is in front of your face.)

#43     Jan 19, 2008
  4. Tdog, Zzzz has had the same username for almost 4 years so I think you are wrong to make it sound as if he is constantly being banned and making up new usernames. That is not true. I have no idea why he was banned in the first place, so I can't really speak as to why Baron hasn't banned him again. However, if he did merit being banned again, I would suspect he has not been because he keeps it in Chat/Politics/Chatroom. Personally, when I was the mod in the chatroom, I never once considered banning Zzzz when he attacked someone. 90% of the time I was in agreement with him. If I wasn't in agreement, I felt it was up to the person he was arguing with to either stick up for themselves, or put him on 'Ignore'.

You sound as if you are getting a bit tooooo worked up over this. Like mostly everyone else has said, I would suggest just putting him on 'Ignore' and moving on.

and WTF are we doing here on a Saturday afternoon!!!!!!!

#44     Jan 19, 2008
  5. And what, exactly, was the point of your moderation? As I recall, his attacks were incessant. Not unlike his ridiculous posts. What purpose did you serve as moderator?

#45     Jan 19, 2008
  6. To kick out Longshot at every possible opportunity. :D

#46     Jan 19, 2008
  7. :p

#47     Jan 19, 2008
  8. Well T-Dog, I'm not sure if you witnessed any of the exchanges I had with the Disgusting Alcoholic Troll in years gone by. Believe me, I've called him a lot worse names than you have here.

With regard to you not being as high minded as I am... well, T-Dog, the unfortunate truth is that it's sometimes very difficult to protect the right of free speech for those whose speech disgusts you. Nevertheless, it's incumbent upon you to fight tooth and nail for them, if you value free speech. I happen to place the very highest value on this freedom, for reasons that I'm not going to share with you. To suggest that my statements are motivated by a need to 'wave the flag' is somewhat naive. I take the right to free speeech extremely seriously, and if I actually knew you, and you said what you said about lunch money to my face after I had defended an asshole's right to free speech, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

Since I don't actually know you, I'l refrain from that. I'll simply say that it's a bit demeaning to start whine threads. You knew damn well that this thread wouldn't result in Z being banned; therefore, you started it in order to whine about his being here. Perhaps this should be your last whine thread.

#48     Jan 19, 2008
  9. Turok

Turok

Very nice TN.

JB

#49     Jan 19, 2008
  10. It is unfortunate that we find ourselves on opposite side of this issue, because I had seen some of your exchanges with ZZZzzzzzzz, and I quietly applauded your efforts.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. Believe me when I tell you that I know this. However, let us not be iron-headed about this and give it some perspective. We are not talking about free speech as it relates to political commentary or the expression of honest opinion. We are talking about a seething sociopath who any number of us have cornered with our various arguments and who then morphs himself out of them with intellectual dishonesty characteristic of a troll. Someone who mercilessly attacks others with malicious intent. Someone who has shown himself repeatedly to be a troll. Someone who flirts with pedophilic innuendo. And all this in a moderated, privately-owned forum. A forum that has repeatedly banned him for the very conduct that he continues to perpetrate.

Whining? Hardly. If anything, please regard my efforts here as outrage. Evidently, you were insulted by some of my comments to you. I think this makes us even. I have no qualms with you and I think you're a good guy. Therefore, I find it fascinating that we would be at odds over sociopathic scum such as ZZZzzzzzzz. No doubt, he is tickled.

There is the use of free speech and then there is the malicious abuse of free speech. I defy anyone here to conclude that ZZZzzzzzzz does not systematically abuse it. And all this in a MODERATED, privately-owned forum. Yeah, allowing him to lord his pathology over this forum is all for the good and enriches all our lives. Thanks for the value-added, ET.

#50     Jan 19, 2008