Please ban Hapaboy.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by StreamlineTrade, Sep 3, 2006.

1. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Dear Mods,

AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

It has come to my attention the number of racist and deeply offensive threads started by Hapaboy in the Politics & Religion Forum, and Chit-Chat.

Although I am not a Muslim, I still find his bigoted and ignorant stance not only repugnant, but also deeply offensive. I am sure the moderators, especially the owner does not want ET to be remembered as being a place for racists to air their sick, uneducated views.

His threads are almost entirely created to belittle the Muslim people, and spread hatred.

I could have posted a few links as an example, but I feel it would be a more powerful argument if I were to ask you all to spend a little time looking for yourselves at the hatred this coward spreads.

He contributes noting to the outside board, so my guess is, is that he adds absolutely zero towards ET in a positive way, or he is using an alias which is against ET code of conduct.

Please ban this useless waste of cyber space.

Thank you.

ST

PS. I would also ask the mods to remember that many ET members could well be Muslim. There is no need to explain how hurt they inevitably feel at Hapaboys threads, which will obviously result in them no longer contributing to ET in terms of its wider appeal in terms of trading related matters.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is the rub my friend. If you ban Hapaboy, Baron would also have to ban half the fruitcakes on the left that spew all their hatred speech as well. See the problem there? Chit chat would be gone as we know it. I think there is a disclaimer now on chit chat warning you of offensive language and posts and to enter at your own risk. Yet, you continue to do so. Now what does that say about you?

Personally I hate the garbage that gets posted by the left on CC, so I left. I wish all things in life were that easy. So I guess it comes down to you. Are you going to find your own solutions in life or are you going to make Baron do something for you. The ball is in your court.

3. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Well, the whole thing is just hypocritical.

What is more offensive my friend? The word 'Fuck', or a post implying that a whole race/religion are a bunch of evil doers out to kill America? I can turn on my TV and hear the word 'Fuck' many times, but not once will I come across the sort of racist hate Hapaboy spews out day after day. If any TV station were to air his views, they would be taken off the air in a New York minute. So why should I have to endure it on ET?

If one were to duplicate his threads, but replace the word Muslim with Jew, there would be outrage. A good example of this is the thread entitled 'What does Israel Add to the Mix?'. The thread was closed by Joe after 2-3 pages. Hapaboy posts many similar threads about Muslims, and they are allowed to continue and offend for many pages for many weeks. A good example of this is Hapaboys thread 'Questions about Muslims'. If ANYONE was to start such a thread about Jews for example, Hapaboy would be the first to hit the complain button and the thread would be closed and the OP banned.

I can say this with fact as only today I received a PM from Joe (moderator) saying Hapaboy had complained at one of my posts (in reply), just because I told the truth and called him a racist F**k.

Therefore, the ball is not in my court as you think, but firmly in that of Joe and Baron, whom I feel have a responsibility to keep this site free of racism and hate mongering, rather than some fruit getting offended by the word 'Fuck'.

Least I remind everyone, the word 'fuck' is used extensively throughout these boards with little re-course to the poster, so I regret to say, your argument is a totally without foundation.

Why should you and I have to leave just becuse the moderators REFUSE to moderate with any conviction or fairness?

Ban Hapaboy. He is deeply offensive. Much more so than a few swear words.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, you need to chill out. Are you a muslim? If not, why don't you let the muslims on this board complain to Baron about his posts. I know there are many on this board.

Also, here is something you need to understand. You do not need to post on ET. You don't need to read CC. You are going out of your way to read material that you know in advance is going to offend you. Man, you need to get a grip. This is not about using f*ck or racist speech. This is about unpopular speech, just admit it. BTW, the first amendment protects racist speech. If people want to be bigots or racists or anti-semitic for that matter, there is nothing you can do about it. Just stop reading the threads.

And BTW, the moderators do nothing to moderate the hate speech against jews or christians so just freaking stick it ok? CC is one big free for all cest pool. Just accept it for what it is and stay out of there. Personally, I don't know why we even have it on ET. Well, I guess we moved the more extreme stuff over to religion and politics, but still, same shit.

The only advice I can offer you is to grow up and buy a pair. Why don't you read and post more on the trading threads. Stay out of the toxic dumps. Do you think you have the willpower to do that? Like I said before, the hypocrisy here is that you won't say a word about all the hate speech spewed against Americans or Christians or Jews. Only the hate speech against muslims seems to offend you. How convenient. Carry on.

5. You are one classy Muslim.

You can't follow advice or see how the real world operates, so you naturally get upset and blame others as to your stupid choices and obstinance.

It is a free site. It is called "free speech."

ET and the world owes you nothing.

Move along, there is nothing else to see.

6. In the 60's, the Jews stood up and marched for the civil rights of the African Americans, as they understood what it means to be a minority group denied rights or the subject of abuse.

So your statement that only the Muslims have the right to, or should complain is full on pathetic.

I can speak from personal experience here at ET, that when there is profanity used in describing the dominant group here at ET, i.e. white Christians, using profanity in description of them, there will be numerous complaints to moderators and the moderators will step in, but attacks of equal style against Muslims go unnoticed.

I have found Baron and Joe go on the noise principle, more than pure fairness or principle.

If a particular member's posts generates a lot of complaints (lots of negative noise in the form of complaints) they respond...and if someone else does something similar yet they don't get complaints (little noise in the form of complaints) on that person's behavior...they do little.

Is that fair?

Baron is the King of ET, he doesn't have to be fair.

7. Here is a poem inscribed at the New England Holocaust Memorial. The author is unknown. This is one of many versions, the original of which was thought to have been first publicized by the probable author, Pastor Niemoller, who narrowly survived the Dachau and Sachsenhausen concentration camps operated by the German WWII-era Nazis:

They came first for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.

[​IMG]

8. traderob

traderob

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Z, I never said only the muslims should complain about muslim statements. Do you really have to be this disingenuous?

I said let's see how many Muslims are actually complaining about posts directed right at them. I'm sure there are plenty of complainers all over ET CC on both sides. The problem I have is I have not read the comments he is referring to and therefore don't even know they exist as he did not cite anything in his post. I simply inferred if the problem is as bad as he says it is, I'm sure the muslims themselves would be all over Baron complaining about it.

I disagree with you on your noise theory. I know this to be true because in the past, if I asked a certain post to be deleted because of it's content, it almost always was without fail and these were not noisy offenders. In fact, quite the opposite. Usually pretty quiet guys but guys I use to tangle with. I think the moderators are doing a fare job with CC. Considering they wanted to remove it altogether. I believe Joe and Baron are doing a fair job. If you have evidence to point to the contrary, please cite it rather then just saying otherwise. Like I'm suppose to take your word for it.

Again, I will say this, no one is required to read or post in CC or R&P. They do so at their own risk. If you don't like the usual suspects that post there then don't post! Amazing how easy that is. Baron and Joe cannot legislate taste on ET. Most of the comments in CC are pure garbage. Either they delete the whole forum altogether or fall back on the "if you bring it to our attention we'll do something about it" strategy. If you want to propose a better system, then freaking speak up instead of just saying they are not doing a good job.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

BTW, here is the disclaimer before entering the R&P forum:

"Not for the faint of heart. If you are easily offended, stay away from this forum! These threads will not appear on the homepage."

Can't make it any more clear then that.

#10     Sep 3, 2006