Playing a bear market...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Comptalk, Apr 2, 2007.

1. I've never had much luck in trading in a bear market. Can anyone lend some advice on how to trade in a bear market; should one come in the next few months?

Thanks.

2. If you know a bear market is coming in the next few months just short qqqq

pretty easy

3. Its not going to come and the reason why is because you posted it will come. Everytime I see messages like this on this website then the exact opposite happens. This website is a great contrarian indicator. I saw a message that Yahoo was a horrible buy and then it jumped 10 points. There are so many examples.

The only message that seemed accurate was that guy who posted that the S&P wouldnt break 1440 until the 2nd quarter. That seemed like the only accurate message on here.

4. aladinaus

aladinaus Guest

Maybe you aint suitable for trading in bear market as bearing market is very violent, you not only need a tough mind but also time the market right (when to short and when to cover).
    Paper trading first, until you are confident with making profit on bear market, then start with small money until you can control your emotions, not being fooled by the violent market moving.
    Trading in bear market is the quickest way to get profit but so do losing the money. Risk/Money management is never being more important than in bear market

5. Been trading since 96, I just do not do well in bear markets. I do OK, but thing great. Just keeping all options and strategies on the table... That is all. I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you if a bear market is coming. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.