Platinum

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by romik, Oct 15, 2006.

1. romik

romik

The move might not be over just yet, but if one was to enter here, I would consider it a late entry, money's been made already on ~11% upside, might get a pullback/reversal, IMHO too late.

#21     Nov 5, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Romik, this was an absolutely incredible call. In the face of the bearishness of the daily, you put your money on the line with the system that you are using and it is paying you huge dividends. Congratulations! What is your plan now for managing the trade. Will you let it ride here, use a stop (if so where), or buy protective puts? Way to go Romik!

#22     Nov 6, 2006
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

By the way, I did see some discussion of the fundamentals here earlier. With all due respect to those folks, you have learned that the fundamentals are present in the technicals and so are not necessary for successful trading. Again Way to go!.

#23     Nov 6, 2006
  4. romik

romik

I will let it run for now, thanks :) Stop will be below reaction low, which I can't see right now, as the move has just occurred. I will attempt not to scale out in this trade, tough decision as weekly seems bearish to me.

#24     Nov 6, 2006
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Platinum Surges to Record ($1,345.50 an ounce) on ETF Speculation

Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Platinum for immediate delivery jumped to a record amid speculation that an exchange-traded fund may be introduced, potentially boosting demand for the commodity...

Full article here

#25     Nov 20, 2006
  6. curious what the gold / plat ratio chart is looking like these days

by the way ... lease rates for platinum have jumped !

#26     Nov 21, 2006
  7. romik

romik

R/low @ $1053 would be a get out point.

#27     Nov 21, 2006
  8. romik

romik

Stop moved to $1200.00

#28     Mar 30, 2007