Platinum Plus Trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by im2ill, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Platinum Plus Trading is a branch of SWIFT Trade, I didn't think it was legal for them to open up in the United States? They require $1,000 upfront for training. They teach you the SWIFT style, but that may work in other countries where the cost of living is a lot lower but you probably can't make enough to live in NYC with their rebate trading style.

#11     Mar 28, 2007
  2. im2ill

im2ill

so my question still stands. Should I sign up with them and give it a try or do I go somewhere else? I don't have the $5,000 risk capital that most firms require. for those who want to help, please let me know what you think.

#12     Mar 29, 2007
  3. There is NO WAY they are a branch of Swift people that dont know what they are taking about should really not say anything you just look like an idiot.

Bogan7

#13     Mar 29, 2007
  4. Mo mo I was not refering to you but that other guy Cru8

#14     Mar 29, 2007
  5. I just spoke to the guy over at platinum, and he said he has no affiliation with Swift whatsoever

#15     Mar 29, 2007
  6. Tell us more about the fees involved with trading at Platinum and their payout structure. You said commish was .0001 per share, right? What are the minimums?

You mentioned that you start on 4/23. Did they make you sign a "do not compete" clause? Are you paying for training out of pocket? Can you elaborate at all?

#16     Mar 29, 2007
  7. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

I didn't see any % cut this firm takes. Swift runs at ~35%....Where does platinum fall?

#17     Mar 29, 2007
  8. sandy1

sandy1

This firm is probably a scam:

1) They registered their domain on 1/09/07 with no business address or contact info.

2) They didn't even have the money to put up a website.

Can't figure out what the scam is, but they are probably not legit!

http://www.platinumplustrading.com/

#18     Mar 29, 2007
  9. They're a scam, I suspect.

Their phone number is not correct. I called the number they list in their ads and it's some dude who knows nothing about trading.

Their address is incorrect. They claim to be located at 11 Broad, sweet 632. I went to the building on 11 Broad street today, and the entire sixth floor is empty.

#19     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Reminds me of the scene from "Boiler Room" with the chain linked phones on an empty foor.

:eek:

#20     Mar 29, 2007