platforms in fast markets

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by spotsid, May 17, 2006.

1. trgovec

trgovec

Hey guys,

What do you think of the COESfx ECN?

Thanks.

:)

#31     Sep 2, 2006
  2. Hey Viper, thanks for all your input to these forum.

We have been in the process of funding a UK scalper for the last few months, but the standard CX platform is not really compatible with his style of trading. For example, he needs a stop to be placed automatically behind every position he enters and he needs the platform to cancel the stop automatically if he decides to close out the position manually. Furthermore, CX does not allow the placing of OCO orders (even though the new version will). We are using Capital Forex Pro.

As a result of the inflexibility of the CX platform when it comes to order entry and processing, we are considering working with the currenex API using Java or a FIX engine, using Strategy Runner (but they charge a per transaction fee, which I am still not convinced about), using the ChoiceFX platform (they are customizing their platform for us to work with CX, but who knows if it will work or not), or using something else that we don't know about yet.

Since you are a pro when it comes to these things, I was wondering if you were working directly with the CX platform or using something else? Are there any other options that I might have overlooked.

Thank you so much for your input.

#32     Sep 2, 2006
  3. danger, I don't think that the CX API can be accessed by anyone but a white label provider. Now you may be able to access Gains API and get it to talk to CX, but direct access, I really don't think so.

Don't forget, all preset orders on the CX, and Hots are synthetic resting orders. In other words when the price is hit they convert to market orders, so there is no guarantee that the order will fill anywhere near where the order is placed.

Obviously this is hard to program, how much slippage I mean.

We work through a White Label provider on the CX, this means the we do not get access to the API. Now would it be nice to be a white label provider and get direct access, yes, but that means biiiiig bucks and heavy duty relationships with several banks and others to be our counter parties. I am ok as we are but who knows what the future will bring, because our principles have the bling. :D

The closest I have found so far for this kind of trading is MBT, although Steve don't like de VIPER, but the platform is very flexible. It also works with tickquest, and you can design and build strategies with them. I use Tickquest by the way, and don't get a discount on for mentioning them here :D. I don't know how their liquidity is, how the fees and spreads would affect your system. And I have heard of some outages on the servers but I don't know how many times this happens.

So you might want to check them out, I am sure they will compete fee wise.

The Ever Trying To Assist VIPER

#33     Sep 2, 2006
  4. Viper, I don't know why you say that the API cannot be accessed by anyone other than a white label provider. Gavin from Capital Forex Pro referred me to a programmer that they work with and so did a guy at Currenex.

I just don't want to start from scratch if I have to.

I saw that TickQuest's NeoTicker works with MBT, but MBT charges a lot more per million than I pay for Currenex. That's why I was looking for a solution like NeoTicker or Ninja Trader that work with MBT and you just have to buy the software, not like strategy Runner that charges you a per transaction charge.

Is there anything like NeoTicker or Ninja Trader for Currenex?

#34     Sep 2, 2006
  5. It is what I was told, and since we do not trade with programs I did not pursue it Did you ask them if you could have access yourself or for your group? My understanding is that the CX API is confidential. Now they may have worked out agreements with certain programmers, but from what I understand, they do not give access to it very freely, but that having been said I could be misinformed and if so I stand corrected.

The Ever Open to Correction VIPER

#35     Sep 2, 2006
  6. Oh, one more thing, I was told that is why they do not have a feed with esignal, they don't give out the API.

The Ever "now I am really confused about this" VIPER

#36     Sep 2, 2006
  7. Viper, I don't know exactly what you mean when you ask if we have access to the API ourselves or for the group.

Gavin, from Capital Forex Pro, referred to an individual programmer for custom API programming. The guy lives in the United States, but not in Miami, Florida where our office is located. The programmer sent me a proposal for a Java script with the customer order placement capabilities that my scalper needs. The thing is that, as I mentioned before, I don't want to start from scratch.

I also called a contact person in CX that Gavin also told me to call. The guy gave me a few names of companies that might be able to provide what I need. He said that the programmers could either use Java (like the programmer above wanted to) or any other language and a FIX engine that worked with the Currenex API.

At no time has anyone told me that access to the CX API is restricted in any way.

#37     Sep 2, 2006
  8. Well now that is news to me. Let us all know how the programming goes, and if you were able to get what you need.

The Ever Learning VIPER

#38     Sep 3, 2006
  9. #39     Jan 17, 2009
  10. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

We do connect to Hotspot FX though, contact our sales group for more information.

#40     Jan 17, 2009