platforms in fast markets

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by spotsid, May 17, 2006.

1. FarajL

FarajL

NickBarings,

First of all let me say that you gave quite a "harsh" welcome to your forum. I got labeled real fast, hein?.

As I said in my last post, I have been with ACM for quite a while now. When I joined this forum I searched it to find users that were also trading with ACM, and I was quite surprised to see the bad overall reputation that broker has here.

The only thing I did was to agree with igor123 and to say that they have the best platform. I truly believe in that. It’s a really quick platform allowing the "what you see is what you get" which I find one of the decisive competitive advantages of acm.

Unfortunately I can’t say that they scammed me or that they misbehaved, as that never happened.
    If I’m not going to criticize them, can I still participate in this forum or should I just go away?

#11     Aug 15, 2006
  2. Farajl,

Wait for the day that you really start
    making serious money.

It's typical for all those spammers(if you
    are not one of them excuse me) to be
    just registered and start pumping brokers immediately like you did.

First, ACM is not an ECN like Igor claims
    and all serious traders I know trade
    forex on an ECN like

Currenex,
    Hotspot,
    Lavafx,
    EFX,

or the currency futures.

Maybe your style of trading didn't
    conflict yet with ACM practices, good
    for you, I hope it stays that way but
    never forget that they can,do take the
    other side of your trades anytime and
    then you are not playing in the inter-
    bank market but against them and
    guess who wins that game ultimately ?

Take it from someone who has been
    around a long time with the good,the
    bad and ugly.

You are free to post if you are not a
    spammer (see the rules under which
    you signed up)

#12     Aug 15, 2006
  3. FarajL

FarajL

NickBarings,

Apologies accepted! And let me apologize to you as well since we got out on the wrong foot. Time will tell you I am no spammer.

So far I haven’t got complaints of acm and although I thank you for the “heads up”, I really hope that my business with them remains clear and prosperous. I have already made some good cash with them and trust me I plan to make more.

The only thing I don’t quite appreciate with the ECN’s is that they charge high commissions, that’s why I haven’t gotten into it. Anyways what I know is that acm has the STP system (mixed ECN & MM) which makes them operate as a ECN in the majority of the transactions (I personally ask this to one of the guys in the chat they have).
    Oh..there is also the issue of the mini-lots. Most of the ECN trade in mini-lots. I personally prefer to trade with 100k lots since that is the lot size the liquidity providers trade with. I wanna trade with traders that have ties with the top banks and acm guarantees that, which is something I am not quite sure with the ECN, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I understand why ECN is being quite popular nowadays and perhaps in the future I’ll give it a try. So far I am happy and hope to keep my good mood.

Take care Nick,

FarajL

#13     Aug 15, 2006
  4. 168

Farajl

which bank does acm trade with ? i mean who is acm's liquidity provider ?

#14     Aug 15, 2006
  5. FarajL

FarajL

They work with the top Swiss and German banks.

#15     Aug 15, 2006
  6. notouch

notouch

Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse? Why don't they just provide some names like Lava do.

#16     Aug 15, 2006
  7. What I see is not what I get. What I get is not what they let me keep. Many brokers say things and don't live up to them. ACM = Bad. Just my honest opinion of course.

#17     Aug 15, 2006
  8. I pay my ECN's between $15 and $20 per million - that isnt expensive IMO.

#18     Aug 15, 2006
  9. Farajl,

Most of the ECN's DON'T trade in mini-lots !

Where do you get that info ?

#19     Aug 15, 2006
  10. UBS & Deutsche actually, although things may have changed in the last 12 months... they initially quoted UBS years ago on their website but UBS told me they threatened to sue them... basically unlike an ECN, ACM has got no leverage over a particular liquidity provider / clearer more precisely - eg Hotspot can say fuck off to Deutsche on their request to exercise 'last call' on trades as they do on Currenex... Currenex doesn't, ACM can't - who makes their biz possible... from UBS's standpoint, if ACM screws up, they don't need the bad publicity...

back to sleep mode...

#20     Aug 16, 2006