platforms in fast markets

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by spotsid, May 17, 2006.

1. spotsid

spotsid

is anyone experiencing problems trading on their platforms in fast markets? I am told that Aeriel whose software is behind many of the platforms is to blame... basically in the last 2 months the only way i can reliably deal post numbers or in fast markets is over the phone. Sometimes I am jobbing a very short price horizon and obviously that is not practical... I want to know if this is a common problem or is my provider just giving me bs.

2. igor123

igor123

It's not the provider or your platform. It's your broker.
    If you trade the news then you'll need ECN or a broker that is willing to let you trade during volatility.
    http://www.ac-markets.com/ for example.

3. There are internet issues at the moment between the UK and the US - ping times have crapped out. This is affecting the ECNs.

You talk about ariel - I assume that means you are trading with the likes of IG or ODL. They claim that the issue is the fact ariel (sp?) are setting up their own trading platform. I think this is a smokescreen - they are both adopting practices more akin to the worst shops if you job the market. I would not trade with them either.

I would not go with ACM if it was the only broker in the world.

4. igor123

igor123

Who would you go with for news trading?

5. Futures or an ECN like currenex, lava or hotspot.

6. igor123

igor123

I would agree with you in theory. But as a matter of fact I have made way more money trading the news with ACM then I did trading on Currenex or Hotspot. The thing with ECN is-partial fills they can mess up your trade in a very bad way. Say I wanna get out of 2m and getting only 1.3 filled then it takes time to set another order and the precious time is lost(so are money). With ACM I just do not have to think about this stuff when I click 2m sell I will get it at the price that I have clicked on and in full.
    So hypothetically I agree, one should not keep funds and trade with a broker such as ACM but....... well you got it I guess

7. sccz97

sccz97

wait till you start making serious money off acm and you will notice a change

8. igor123

igor123

I have made more than enough and do not trade with them anymore.

9. FarajL

FarajL

igor123,

I'm with you on ACM.
    I use their platform which I consider the best in the market. Traded several millions with them, and had no freakin' problem!!
    :cool:

10. Farajl,

You registered yesterday and your first
    post is about ACM, right !:D

STAY AWAY FROM ACM, I have traded
    with them and the moment you entered
    a position,they moved the market 1 pip
    against my position.

ACM is NOT an ECN !

I am with Lon Eagle on this one.

Never listen to people on this board who
    just registered or only have a few posts