Platform suitable for multibroker FX

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Benster, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Benster

Benster

I am looking for a platform which can execute FX trades from an algorithm executing at the best price from a selection of brokers. I trade less liquid crosses such as AUDCAD, so liquidity is very important.

If the software can also be used for backtesting and optimization that would be a bonus.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

At the moment I am using TS2000i with a link into one broker on Currenex.

2. How long have you been using TS2000i?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2735340#post2735340

3. Benster

Benster

Less than a month. I developed an algorithm on TS8 but I wanted to be able to feed my own prices into Tradestation, so I am executing through TS2000i using a bridge but I would like to use a more modern platform that can do this, and preferably handle FIX with more than broker at a time.

4. cstfx

cstfx

If you intend to open a trade with one broker/bank/liquidity provider and close the trade with another, you will need a prime account to settle those trades. Also, you won't find this ability with most of these fx brokers.

The are a few shops however who have an aggregate feed from various platforms to present the best possible prices. vCap is one I would recommend you look at as they aggregate feeds from Currenex, HotSpot, FXAll, ICAP, Lava, and Baxter. They used to use the ChoiceFX front end for their "CAX" integrated fx platform, but they have switched to a new one called Integral. Not familiar with the new platform, but if trading the best prices from various feeds/providers is what you seek, give them a look.