Platform Suggestion

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by alvinshaffer, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I wanted to get the groups help in locating a platform that can accomplish the following:

1. Build strategies based on common indicators
    2. Run the strategies during market hours (either on a web based platform or standalone software on my Pc/MAC)
    3. When entry and exit signals are met, email me with the data so I can make a call on entering or exiting the position.

Now you might be saying - a lot of platforms do this, but I am looking for some that are easy on the budget. I could easily have Metastock run RT to do this but this is really outside of my price range. I don't mind reacting to delayed market data - RT is not a requirement.

Optimally I would love to have an online service that ran on their servers do this , but I don’t mind starting up a program every morning. If an outright purchase is required, I would like to stay at or below $250 , if a subscription is required I would like to stay around the $30 / month area (give or take)

I am a TD Ameritrade customer and Strategy Desk is supposed to do this but TDA can't seam to get the alerts feature working to distribute emails.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on platforms.

2. Kind of confusing...RT or Not?

3. RT would be optimal especially if it worked off my tdameritrade feed