Platform recommendations

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Drew07, Mar 5, 2007.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Strategy runner can be used through global on a per side per trade fee or as a monthly flat fee. If you don't trade a lot then you can negotiate with global rt with SR figured in. Nothing wrong with getting your feet wet with $2500. especially if this is your first time at futures. Better to lose only 2500 than 5k or more. :D

#11     Mar 6, 2007
  2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

As I said many times here, the best solution is Transact thru an Introducing Broker and Sierra Chart that is a solid charting software

OEC charts use .Net framework. It sucks a lot of cache memory
    Very bad

..BUT in a few weeks OEC data feed will be available with Sierra Chart

#12     Mar 6, 2007
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Is this the same transact that was unstable in the past ?

#13     Mar 6, 2007
  4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Transact was unstable with Trade Maven Toy software

Never had a serious issue in about six month

#14     Mar 6, 2007
  5. Biz

Biz

NinjaTrader is supported by Global Futures.

#15     Mar 6, 2007
  6. i use sierra charts, which cost only $24 per a month w/ no charge for data; transact supplies the data feed; i go through an ib called infinity

#16     Mar 6, 2007
  7. Drew07

Drew07

I checked out Sierra and like what hey have to offer. I'm still a bit confused as to how these platforms link up with brokers....Can I only use platforms that are on a brokers website? Say I want to trade with global futures and use sierra as a front end...is this possible?

#17     Mar 6, 2007
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Why don't you use something with integrated charts such as strategy runner ? I think ninja trader has them as well.

#18     Mar 6, 2007
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I would strongly suggest you take Saxon22's advice about starting with no less than $5000.

#19     Mar 6, 2007
  10. Drew07

Drew07

OK so say im a complete newbie and don't know what I'm doing......If I put up 2500 and get my ass kicked...what does another 2500 do to save me???....I just look at it as another 2500 I have in my account to lose...If i lose the initial 2500, I can regroup, take a step back and look at what i did wrong and come up with another 2500 to take a shot with. I think its enough to get me started...someone give me a mathematical reason why its not a good idea.

#20     Mar 6, 2007