Platform ProTrader for Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Eleventrader, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I specialize in FX in particular. It first caught my eye because I was trying to find something that worked with multiple metatrader accounts from different brokers. It works with Metatrader, Currenex, Interactive Brokers, ChoiceFX, DBFX, Dukascopy, Oanda etc... and supposedly all at the same time. Considering how many different datafeeds you can pipe into metatrader, as well, that's a far cry from retail. Of course we could be talking about two different things...They have another program called PTmultistation that's been what I've been talking about this whole time. That protrader thing might be good for a white labeling ,but I'm only interested in management of accounts because of introducing brokers and people I work with.

#31     Oct 7, 2010
  2. @WinstonTJ... I just looked at the standard protrader website again and clicked on trading platform then liquidity providers supported. It barely even has any retails firms under it's belt. Not just in the way of FX either... So where are you getting the retail only thing about it?

#32     Oct 7, 2010
  3. Yeah, stability is really important, that needs improvement there. I agree.

#33     Oct 8, 2010
  4. thats interesting. could you tell more?

#35     Oct 11, 2010
  5. They seem to be adding in more and more pictures to the list every day and taking off the retail pictures. I have no idea what adding and removing pictures means in terms of speed, performance, back end, etc. etc. and I have my own solution in place so I suppose I'll bow out of this thread.

#36     Oct 11, 2010
  6. well, I agree, the site can't give the full information, i think they really need to change it someway

#37     Oct 13, 2010
  7. Yeah I'd say we're wasting time talking about it. It's a good idea, in the making, that isn't stable yet. Anyone looking at this go try it out and have a couple Currenex, a few metatrader, and a gaincapital platform attached to it and watch it #FAIL

#38     Oct 13, 2010
  8. @Eleventrader... I'm not exactly sure what you're looking to do but if it's to trade try checking out Smartquant's new product VisualQuant. It's in beta right now, but I'd say if you've got some time to wait arround it will probably be the best thing out there for the buck when it gets going. It's also made from a "real" instituional level development team.

#39     Oct 13, 2010
  9. Thank you for your opinion. Really appreciate it. I think I need to think about my question again.

#40     Oct 14, 2010