Platform ProTrader for Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Eleventrader, Sep 30, 2010.

1. JamesL

JamesL

He is a shill. All he has done since joining this forum is push this firm and keeps providing the web addy.

He's a shill trying to get free advertising for his firm and the mods are letting him.

#21     Oct 5, 2010
  2. JamesL

JamesL

People attempt to do it with TWS all the time.

#22     Oct 5, 2010
  3. Gekko, sorry I didn't specify. My comments were aimed at eleventrader.

I agree that lots of institutional money is run through the Schwabs and TD Ameritrades of the world - however they are usually manually trading portfolios, or, if they are trading automated they have many add-ins such as FIX and they are most certanly NOT routing their orders "auto" and paying retail ticket rates.

I'm done posting in this thread and I hope it will just go away and die.

#23     Oct 5, 2010
  4. Thanks for specifying... I saw eleventrader post the same thing in another autotrading post here too. Although my first thought wasn't shill because of my own giddiness when I originally saw it. Protrader has been arround for a couple years. So I'd think they could come up with a better shill than that. Just sounded like an excited newcomer to trading, and it really didn't seem like English was eleventrader's first language. Kind of reminded me of myself when I was younger posting everywere wondering if.... DOES ANYBODY USE MATLAB TO TRADE?!?!

Also totally agree with you on the second part of your comment. For instance if all the firms that use Tradestation were actually using them as their broker too...Tradestation's stock price would be going through the roof. Then Metatrader, which I use to not be able to stand, would just be another lollipop whistle for the kids, until they started piping trades directly to Currenex and other major liquidity providers.

Yeah I'm done now too.

Cheers

#24     Oct 5, 2010
  5. Sorry, if you misunderstood me, but actually I didn't mean anything bad. Once again I don't make you do anything.

#25     Oct 6, 2010
  6. No, I am not. Look I'm not saying the ProTrader is perfect for everyone, I'm just trying to learn something for myself.

I've already contacted with their Support and they gave the info, i wanted. So I'm not gonna ask you these questions again.:)

#26     Oct 7, 2010

7. So how is the demo going for you?...Did you get any of the problems I was having while testing it on multiple accounts?

#27     Oct 7, 2010
  8. Well I should say that demo version is, unfortunately, giving the general overview and it's good just for sort of insight to it , and I had some aspects which need further explanation from their Support.

#28     Oct 7, 2010

9. Yeah like I said it's a great idea but they might be some time in the making. They've got a boatload of features but stability isn't there yet.

#29     Oct 7, 2010
  10. I think the stability issues are secondary to the fact that it does not work on anything but retail platforms. Why would you want to automate on a retail platform?

#30     Oct 7, 2010