Platform ProTrader for Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Eleventrader, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Well, I should say that if some info is missing on site, it's fully completed by contacting PFSoft. Actually I contacted and got quick and qualified response, why don't you do it?

#11     Oct 1, 2010
  2. Why are you pimping this firm? Work for them? Spamming for them?

Almost all of your limited posts have been you promoting this firm.

#12     Oct 1, 2010
  3. Actually I'm just trying to find out more info for myself.
    Is that so bad???Why am i blamed?

#13     Oct 1, 2010
  4. #14     Oct 4, 2010
  5. I looked into their product about 2 months ago. I attached 3 metatrader instances, 1 gaincapital, and 2 currenex. At first it seemed as though it might be the best thing since slice bread, but memory overloaded quickly, connections dropped, pnl started fluctuationg strangely, etc... Lots of problems. I've heard that some people actually use it, but I think it might be a bit of time before the development of the software catches up with what automated traders need...Bulletproof platforms. For what it's worth though when they get it right I think they'll be a credible threat to most anything that's out there, considering how many features exist within it. Give it a shot though I'm sure they've put some more development hours into it. Although I'd still be skeptical about it, considering how many problems I was having with it not long ago.

#15     Oct 4, 2010
  6. Why would anyone want to run automated strategies on a retail platform?

Sounds like you two are pushing garbage IMHO.

#16     Oct 4, 2010

7. Forget this if you're not talking about me, but how the hell did you come to the conclusion that I was pushing their product?! I just said I think it's deprecated until they put some more development time into it, and even if it was working for you, I would be cautious of it, because of the problems I was having with it, just 2 months ago, demoing it. The main reason I looked at it personally was that one of it's main features is to be able to trade an unlimited amount of accounts. So in my case I was thinking about being able to use it as a way to manage multiple accounts from one interface. The kind of challenges you face when you do this thing everyday as a CTA. Actually if I didn't have those problems 2 months ago I'd probably seriously consider using it because there's not much else like it, right now, in comparison. Take a look at the website because the first thing it talks about in the scrolling banner is instutional level use....

Ahhhh tisk... I forgot ...opinions are like assholes, and I only joined up to keep my blood boiling while working on a new project.

Secondly, to refer back to your first retorical question. I just want to make a statement to some that may be reading this and newly looking into trading or determing what platform to use for their trading models. Some but obvioulsy not all retail products are used by institutional level traders everyday. I remember years ago when I first started I'd see statements like the one above and I'd think that I was missing something if I didn't trade off the crim de la crim of trading platforms or some custom built one. To believe that is a fallacy and a waste of time of your thoughts. There are plenty of Institutional level traders making money from strategies built in tradestation, metatrader, TT, Amibroker etc... All usually only having some customization added to them like custom libraries, connection to matlab,broker/FIX plugins, or some other custom features that make them any more "Special" than what comes out the box.

#17     Oct 4, 2010

8. thanks a lot for your response, for your opinion. it's really useful to find some "live" opinion instead of useless blaming. I appreciate it.

#18     Oct 5, 2010
  9. drm7

drm7

Eleventrader made an almost identical post about this on Traderslaboratory. I think he's a shill.

Gekko - I think TJ was referring to Eleventrader, not you.

#19     Oct 5, 2010
  10. So what? If I'm trying to learn something for myself, I can't ask the same question for several times? Is it forbidden? You know it's really offensive.
    Any way I don't make anyone do, what he doesn't want. It's simply my questioin, if you don't want you may not answer.

#20     Oct 5, 2010