platform most similar to Anvil?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by alientrader, Aug 6, 2008.

1. speedboy

speedboy

#11     Oct 24, 2008
  2. sell em

sell em

Sorry, to offend you but not bashing in the least bit. I assume that increased market data / volume is part of the problem. Their systems were excellent most of '07, but something seemingly did change. The lack of rapidly fixing it, or massively allocating greater resources to fix it, shows a lack of leadership.

Would be very happy to hear if you know of solution (other than just leaving)?

Just ask Esignal if the new version (10.2) was made specifically to handle issues that came from Anvil?

Anyone else having/had major problems with Anvil in the last 6 months?

#12     Oct 24, 2008
  3. You speak the truth.

Just doing a simple SEARCH in this forum on the heightened problems with Anvil ( earlier in the year, Feb/March/April ) will tell you as much.

The outages earlier in the year were quite numerous . . . While Assent was "scrambling" to purchas more high-end Intel processors ( that were back-ordered ) in order to keep up with the volume and increased market data, it turns out that the TCIP network itself was no longer being supported by ARCA. ARCA had gone to a "multi-cas" network while Assent was still based on TCIP.

I was told by an Assent employee that Assent was going to finally make building out a "multi-cast" network a priority, but instead they were in the middle of coming out with an options trading platform, and didn't wish to divert employees/resources away from that project. I was also told by this same employee that ARCA wound-up offering "some" support for the older TCIP network. Not sure if this really came to fruition.

In the end, I'm not sure how things wound up . . . or whether or not the issues at hand were properly addressed/handled. I have made position trading a priority and not used Anvil in six months.

#13     Oct 24, 2008