Plasma vs LCD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by listedguru, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Also, the HD television shows compared to the non-HD are like night and day resolution-wise (on either). Sports esp. MNF looks incredible and the documentary Planet Earth I think its called, the one narrated by Sigourney Weaver, is just amazing; I'll bet Blue Ray is just off the charts.

#11     Sep 28, 2009
  2. what charts?

#12     Sep 28, 2009
  3. Pick a chart, its off it. :D

#13     Sep 28, 2009
  4. I own 3 plasmas 1080 up to 55" and 1 42" x 720 that I used for a monitor. Picture is way better than lcd for action due to running at 600hz vs 240hz (at best) for LCD. The image is slightly darker than lcd (which is really rather oversaturated anyway) and is best viewed in a darker room with no glare. As far as the guy who said they burn in and burn out - old wives tales from first gen units. Average plamsa is rated for 100,000, divide that by 4 - 8 hours per day. The only problem I ever had was with the one that is in my motorcoach. At higher than 5000ft it takes a while to "warm up". Someone mentioned "they stopped making plamsa" More BS - I have one where date of manufacture is less than 90 days ago.

That said, I might buy the new LG LED 52" 1080 at 240hz. Very nice image. They're only $1800 but I might wait to see if someone comes out with 480hz any time soon. That could compete with plamsa for action/movement.

#14     Sep 29, 2009
  5. oversaturated-that's it! i couldn't put my finger on why i don't like the image of the LCD's. It looks "fake", like a video game. I assumed the response time (motion) was the problem but it's not.. it's really the oversaturation. now i understand it better.

#15     Sep 29, 2009