Plasma 42" vs multi monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Babak, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Babak

Babak

Just curious if anyone is using one massive plasma screen instead of multiple monitors. To me this seems to be a common sense thing, yet I haven't heard of anyone doing this.

I'm told the resolution is very good and the price is quite competitive to multiple flat screens. Any thoughts? am I missing something? Thanks.

2. If you have the wall space and lighting conditions, try a DLP projector. You'll get much more viewable area and you'll really enjoy watching charts and quotes on a "movie screen." It's also easier on the eyes than anything I've come across.

3. That would be great. I was under the impression that plasma displays were extremely expensive, i.e. > $5k.

I have only seen plasma displays used in place of TV sets and didn't realize that they now are being offered as monitors as well. It's probably worth making sure what type of digital connectivity they offer, just to make sure it doesn't come with one of the VGA/TV-IN chipsets.

4. hbruce

hbruce

Please. What is a DLP Projector and where can I find info about them. Thanks