Plans to drug test welfare recipients get momentum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Maybe an unexpected response, but I say 'duh' - I don't want my money that is 'earmarked' to help others, to help 'others' buy illegal drugs.

c

3. I think most people on Welfare sell drugs anyway so it probably won't hurt their bottom line much if they get bumped off.

4. Since majority can't pass it what will society do about it? Probably spend billions on drug rehab, with the idea as long as they go to drug rehab class they can still get welfare even though they don't give up the drugs.

After all, votes are everything.

5. Eight

Eight

I'm happy that Clinton revamped the welfare system. People can only be on it for two years. So they have to change their name every two years. Who would believe that pimps/murderers/prostitutes/drug dealers/drug users would lie like that?

Drug testing will be an opportunity for drug test companies to sell passing grades.

6. I don't see the 2 year limit on welfare? I find this:

TANF was created by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act instituted under President Bill Clinton in 1996. The Act provides temporary financial assistance while aiming to get people off of that assistance, primarily through employment. There is a maximum of 60 months of benefits within one's lifetime, but some states have instituted shorter periods.[3] In enforcing the 60-month time limit, some states place limits on the adult portion of the assistance only, while still aiding the otherwise eligible children in the household.

But, still for drug testing.

c

7. Eight

Eight

ehh, I'd like to be really accurate but it's work..

8. I checked and there was one program that was limited to 2 years. And, yeah, I agree, all that clicking and reading can be a pain. Joking of course.

c

9. rew

rew

I'm okay with drug testing welfare recipients. But why stop there? Drug test Wall Street fat cats who get bailout money. If AIG is going to be bailed out with my money (and yes, the money printed by the Fed is ultimately taken out of my savings, via inflation) then at least I should get the satisfaction of seeing the executives have to pee in a cup.

10. But it's ok for them, because it's 'powdered' cocaine. Yeah, right.

c

#10     Feb 25, 2012