Planning to Switch out from Fxcm!! Where do i go?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by cryptic, Oct 25, 2010.

1. cvds16

cvds16

you forgot to add commission to your spreads, at oanda you don't pay any commissions, so be carefull of the real cost. IB is also not so easy cuase it depends on your size pretty much. At IB 1 pip spread is more realistic during european hours (and that's without the commission).

#21     Apr 20, 2011
  2. #22     Apr 20, 2011
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Not all brokers charge 3 pips and there are other ways to play the game and do well with rebates...but I won't bother for an idiot who doesn't know how to count...

#23     Apr 20, 2011
  4. provance

provance

as far as I see almost everyone is against the market makers, but that would be very interesting to know the real ECN -MM traders correlation

#24     Apr 24, 2011
  5. Exactly, this is why I rather trade currency futures since I get no pip charge and usually no slippage.

For example lets say Euro is at 1.4215. You go long at 1.4215 and you are long at that price with a limit order (note no waiting for market to go 3 pips in your favor), and you target 1.4225. Market hits 1.4225, and you are out at that price no waiting for market to go 3 pips past it or any other BS.

Now obviously you do have to pay something which is the standard fee to trade any type of futures, but this is much better than getting ripped off 3 pips every time you want to trade. Also, you are trading against other traders, and real volume shows up not the chart feed posted by the bucket shops which can show different prices being hit depending if you were to compare charts from 2 different brokers.

#25     Apr 24, 2011
  6. provance

provance

sounds really good

#26     Apr 25, 2011
  7. There are many brokers out there that offer ecn, straight through processing, conflict free trading. I would definitely consider these before a dealing desk broker.

#27     Apr 28, 2011
  8. #28     Apr 29, 2011
  9. #29     Apr 29, 2011