Planning to Switch out from Fxcm!! Where do i go?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by cryptic, Oct 25, 2010.

1. what about Dukascopy?

#11     Nov 1, 2010
  2. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Yes, active trader is open to US residents. Here's the page on the US website where US residents would go through http://www.fxcm.com/active-trader.jsp .

For limit orders to buy, the ask price would need to cross your limit price in order for the order to go into execution. Using a limit order would also give you the opportunity to experience price improvement.

-Jason

#12     Nov 1, 2010
  3. cryptic

cryptic

Not open to US residents right?

#13     Nov 1, 2010
  4. bstay

bstay

#14     Nov 1, 2010
  5. Price improvement on retail FX ECNs is possible but it's rare. You'll typically only be filled if another retail client's order fills you. Price improvement by trading within the spread is probably more commonplace on the institutional ECN platforms.

Either way at the end of the day, you have to pay the spread in most instances, so find a venue with low spreads/commissions & good executions.

#15     Nov 3, 2010
  6. cryptic

cryptic

Thanks KGB, i been with Oanda for past 1 week, and i am very happy. No complaints so far.

#16     Nov 7, 2010
  7. Interactive Brokers

#17     Nov 8, 2010
  8. cvds16

cvds16

the only two decent places I know are oanda and Interactivebrokers. Beware though IB can have quite some slippage at times even in euro, oanda opens up its spreads around newstimes so you better beware of the important one. (go to forexfactory to know them). Personally I am with oanda after having paid tons of commissions at IB. I don't think there is a better one out there ...

#18     Dec 13, 2010
  9. cvds16

cvds16

cashback rebates! now there is a thing: they charge you 3 pips and give you 0.70 pip back in rebate. Like a friend said: perfect for idiots that can't count rofl.

#19     Dec 13, 2010
  10. So i am trying to decide between IB, Oanda and MBtrading.

For EUR/USD, the spreads as of now (8:04 PST on 4/20) seem to be:
    Oanda - 1.2
    IB - 0.5
    MBT - 0.8

Is Oanda still the best? why?

I have never traded forex before; so just trying to understand.

#20     Apr 20, 2011